ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tire 2 ILR 5 years route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mdtaifurrahman
Newly Registered

Tire 2 ILR 5 years route

Post by mdtaifurrahman » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:39 pm

Hello All,

We landed in the UK on 5th October 2011. Ever since I had been Tire 2 Visa holder and my family (wife+2 children) Tire 2 dependents.

My current leave is till Mid Nov 2016. We will be eligible for ILR in September 2016. My present employer may extend my contract for another 15 months. However, I got another offer, from another employer for 2.5 years.

Now, should I take the second job with the new employer and start from September, I will need to apply for a new Tire 2 visa. For that I apply only for myself in a premium service next week and I get the new Tire 2 Visa with the new employer. Then can I apply for the ILR with having the new Tire 2, say in Mid-September,2016, along with my dependents (having their old Tire 2 dependent visas?). Or my dependents should get new Tire 2 visas?

Thank you very much.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Tire 2 ILR 5 years route

Post by physicskate » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:02 pm

What category of Tier 2 do you hold? Tier 2 General or ICT?

When was your visa issued? If it was issued within 90 days of your arrival, you can apply for ILR 28 days before it was issued, not your date of entry.

anoops1984
United Kingdom

Post by anoops1984 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:26 pm

Please check your visa start date and apply for ILR 28 days before that date. No point wasting too much money just for a month or so. If you are applying for Tier 2 again then you need to pay IHS charge.

mdtaifurrahman
Newly Registered

Post by mdtaifurrahman » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:52 pm

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
Our visa was issued, a month of so before we arrived the UK.
(I came here with Tire 2 General)

As my job offer with the new employer is 2.5 years, I may want to land in that job. In that case, I should use the new employer to write me the letter that they would need me for the foreseeable future. In doing so, I must apply for a new Tire 2 visa (I know this is quite expensive) for myself at least. Now, will that visa in hand and my dependents existing visa: can we all apply for ILR?

Sorry if I could not delegate my question properly.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:42 pm

mdtaifurrahman wrote:Thank you very much for your quick reply.
Our visa was issued, a month of so before we arrived the UK.
(I came here with Tire 2 General)

As my job offer with the new employer is 2.5 years, I may want to land in that job. In that case, I should use the new employer to write me the letter that they would need me for the foreseeable future. In doing so, I must apply for a new Tire 2 visa (I know this is quite expensive) for myself at least. Now, will that visa in hand and my dependents existing visa: can we all apply for ILR?

Sorry if I could not delegate my question properly.
Have you already given notice to your current sponsor? If so, you are right they cannot give you the letter saying you are still needed... etc...

If your visa was valid from about 5 Sept, 2011, you can apply 28 days before then, so NOW! Then you would not need to change sponsor before applying for ILR... thus saving you the cost of an extra application.

Is your current salary above £35K? Is your future job offer above that salary?

mdtaifurrahman
Newly Registered

Post by mdtaifurrahman » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:37 pm

hi.
i have not given notice yet. yes I get 35K per annum. I work as a PhD researcher hence 35K salary may not be an obligation.
thanks