ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint Naturlisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

elizabethgrantsmith
Newly Registered

Joint Naturlisation Application

Post by elizabethgrantsmith » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:42 pm

I applied Joint Naturlisation and passport application through Westminster council.
But because I am living in Redbridge council, I received ceremony invitation from Redbridge council.
My ceremony is booked for 8th September.

I have contacted Redbridge council regarding my joint passport application and they said they do not know anything about it because I did not apply through them. I then contacted Westminster council and they said I should book ceremony through them in order for passport application to be processed.

I would appreciate if you could tell me what exactly is the process when you apply Joint application and after you received your citizenship certificate who do you send this to? My passport application fee was deducted long time ago. Who should inform Passport office that my naturlisation application was successful?

vinny

Re: Joint Naturlisation Application

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:18 am

They should know.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aatheoriginal
Newly Registered

Re: Joint Naturlisation Application

Post by aatheoriginal » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:40 pm

I have the same question as you. I also had applied in Newbury NCS JCAP, however as i live in Reading, I got the ceremony letter from Reading Council. I guess it depends what will be your home town when you become a citizen, and logically it will be the place where you live.
I did my ceremony in reading only and they said they will inform the passport office that i have completed my ceremony. and i was also informed that the passport will be with me in couple of week's time. So your case seems similar.
But for your own satisfaction, you can give passport office a call and find out the status of your application and also tell them that you have completed your ceremory, if they need anything, they will call you. 02081184518. you will need your passport application reference number . this will be a sticker which the council must have given you on the papers when you did the application (JCAP).