ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 months old baby, does he need a visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mourad05
Newly Registered

2 months old baby, does he need a visa

Post by mourad05 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:13 am

Hi All,

I have French and Algerian passport and my wife has an Algerian passport with 5 years valid resident card(EEA family).

My son was born in Algeria 2 months ago and he has an Algerian passport.

Does he need a visa to enter the UK ?

Many thanks.

noajthan

Re: 2 months old baby, does he need a visa

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:15 am

mourad05 wrote:Hi All,

I have French and Algerian passport and my wife has an Algerian passport with 5 years valid resident card(EEA family).

Many thanks.
Congratulations.

Yes, if he is not a Union citizen with, for example, a French passport.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: 2 months old baby, does he need a visa

Post by Richard W » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:32 am

mourad05 wrote:I have French and Algerian passport and my wife has an Algerian passport with 5 years valid resident card(EEA family).

No, but he will need a visa or a family permit to fly to the UK.

As the family member of a union citizen, he may enter at the British border (e.g. Calais, Eurostar) provided he has documents to prove that he is your son and he will be travelling with you (preferable) or to join you in the UK. In the latter case, evidence will be required that you are still a 'qualified person', e.g. in work in the UK, or recently arrived. There may be an issue with whether the birth certificate will need a translation - I am not familiar with Algerian birth certificates.

By this route, there is also the first hurdle of entering the Schengen area - I don't know how well the French ports are protected from those without visas.

Is you son a French citizen? If he is, he may also cross some of the relevant borders by proving that he is French - Article 5(4) of 2004/38/EC. That may not, though, apply to entering France. It doesn't seem to apply to British citizens entering the UK.