ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eviction Notice through Sheriff Court and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

inquisitive
Newly Registered

Eviction Notice through Sheriff Court and ILR

Post by inquisitive » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:21 pm

Hi,
We signed a lease for a duration of one year, however after few months landlord lost his job and wanted his house back. In order to do so the letting agency sent us an eviction notice directly and through Sheriff court with a deadline to vacate the house. We vacated the house before the deadline.

I am filling in the Set (O) form and wondering if I have to mention it somewhere? or is it necessary/ok to mention in the covering letter only?

I look forward to experr's advice.

Thanks in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Eviction Notice through Sheriff Court and ILR

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:41 pm

No need to mention it at all. It's simply a Court procedure that must be followed for property evictions in order for the landlord to comply with the law and the tenants' rights.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

inquisitive
Newly Registered

Post by inquisitive » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:41 pm

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:42 pm

You're welcome. I hope you've been able to settle well in a new home.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.