ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET LR Cover Letter Sample

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JS28
Member of Standing

SET LR Cover Letter Sample

Post by JS28 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:02 am

HI,

I have booked a premium service appointment in Sheffield for 23rd. Was wondering if you anyone has a sample of covering letter/draft that I could look at to give me an idea of the things to put in it.

Many thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: SET LR Cover Letter Sample

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:32 am

There is no requirement for a covering letter. All the relevant information should be included in the application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:35 am

Thanks for the quick response.

I have read so many posts here about supporting documents and it's kind of confusing. What other supporting documents do I need apart from:

1.) All passports
2.)LiUK Cert
3.) Degree Cert
4.) Photographs
5.) Application form

Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:46 am

JS28 wrote:Thanks for the quick response.

I have read so many posts here about supporting documents and it's kind of confusing. What other supporting documents do I need apart from:

1.) All passports
2.)LiUK Cert
3.) Degree Cert
4.) Photographs
5.) Application form

Thank you
Section 4 - Documents
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _03_16.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:51 pm

Casa wrote:
JS28 wrote:Thanks for the quick response.

1.) All passports
2.)LiUK Cert
3.) Degree Cert
4.) Photographs
5.) Application form

Thank you
Section 4 - Documents
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _03_16.pdf
Thanks

Just currently completing the SET LR form, for D7 it says have you ever stayed in the UK beyong the end of your period of leave? I am not sure what to put.

My first student visa was due to expire on 05/09/07 and I made an application at the PEO on the 04/09/07. But I was sent away to get more evidence by the immigration officer and my visa was therefore granted on the 24/09/2007. Do I put yes or no for the above question?

Please advise. Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:11 am

No. As your leave remained valid while the application was being processed.
(Casa, not CR001)

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:31 am

Thanks for your reply Casa

I was just completing the form for my appointment on Tuesday

What sort of things do I put for the question below?

D13. Please state what ties you have with:
• The country where you were born. (I was born in the Philippines)
• Any country whose nationality you hold. (Indian)
• Any country where you have lived for more than five years. (Do I talk about UK?)
You should tell us about any family, friends or other connections with that country.

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:01 am

They are not trick questions.

For ILR you have to have attained a degree of competence in English. Any you alone know your own circumstances.
So you have your toolkit and prerequisites.

And you have more or less answered your own questions already!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:03 am

noajthan wrote:They are not trick questions.

You have more or less answered your own questions!
But they asked state what ties. I was wondering what sort of thing i can put down.

JS28
Member of Standing

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by JS28 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:09 am

HI I am hoping that someone will finally reply to my message here and help me with the question below pls as I am running out of time (Appointment on the 23rd of August)

• Any country where you have lived for more than five years. (Do I talk about UK?)
You should tell us about any family, friends or other connections with that country.

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:25 am

Posts merged.

No need for multiple posts.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:28 am

If you don't know what ties you have, then how is anyone else here expected to know better?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:02 am

noajthan wrote:They are not trick questions.

For ILR you have to have attained a degree of competence in English. Any you alone know your own circumstances.
So you have your toolkit and prerequisites.

And you have more or less answered your own questions already!
Have you looked up ties in a dictionary yet :?:

Family, business, political affiliation, church/mosque/temple, pet dog or goldfish etc etc etc.

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:16 am

JS28 wrote:HI I am hoping that someone will finally reply to my message here and help me with the question below pls as I am running out of time (Appointment on the 23rd of August)

Thanks
You should write about your connections with the country. This would include any friends and family you have there. So if you have friends and family who live in Philippines you van mention them. For family you can write about your parents, brothers, sisters etc and friends would be anyone you speak to or visit.

You don't have to write about UK in this question as that's what the application is all about. Hope this helps.

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:38 pm

nasirkhan wrote:
JS28 wrote:HI I am hoping that someone will finally reply to my message here and help me with the question below pls as I am running out of time (Appointment on the 23rd of August)

Thanks
You should write about your connections with the country. This would include any friends and family you have there. So if you have friends and family who live in Philippines you van mention them. For family you can write about your parents, brothers, sisters etc and friends would be anyone you speak to or visit.

You don't have to write about UK in this question as that's what the application is all about. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the sensible answer. I was hoping other people would be helpful as not everyone has been through this before. What I was asking for was what sort of things to mention. I don't need a dictionary as my English is pretty good thank you.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:12 pm

JS28 wrote:
nasirkhan wrote:You don't have to write about UK in this question as that's what the application is all about. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the sensible answer. I was hoping other people would be helpful as not everyone has been through this before. What I was asking for was what sort of things to mention. I don't need a dictionary as my English is pretty good thank you.
Suggest it should be clear that "any" should mean "any" then - especially as you are evidently on 10-year route:
Any country where you have lived for more than five years

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:57 pm

JS28 wrote: Thanks for the sensible answer. I was hoping other people would be helpful as not everyone has been through this before. What I was asking for was what sort of things to mention. I don't need a dictionary as my English is pretty good thank you.
You are wellcome. Sometimes when something is obvious to us, we tend to think that it should be clear for everyone else too. We are all human beings with different sets of strengths and weaknesses. That is the reason much more can be accomplished by a team working in unison than an individual. The whole is much more greater than the sum of its parts. As far as I can understand these questions are designed to ascertain your association with countries other than UK (They already know about your association with UK, living there for 10 years with minimal travel outside).

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:56 pm

JS28 wrote:• Any country where you have lived for more than five years. (Do I talk about UK?)
If the question didn't specifically exclude the UK, then I would also include the UK in "Any country".
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:00 am

Thanks for your help. I got my ILR yesterday :)

ThisisA
United Kingdom

Post by ThisisA » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:30 pm

JS28 wrote:Thanks for your help. I got my ILR yesterday :)
That was really quick, what visa were you on before applying for SET LR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:30 am

ThisisA wrote:
JS28 wrote:Thanks for your help. I got my ILR yesterday :)
That was really quick, what visa were you on before applying for SET LR?
User was on Tier 2 prior to Set(LR). Please refrain from bringing older threads up to the top of the forum with single line questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.