ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application variation:: Fees

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

legalkhan
Pakistan

Application variation:: Fees

Post by legalkhan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:33 pm

Hello Every body,
As my variation to ILR is due with in 2 months I am bit worried about how to pay the deference?? Is there a way to pay only the difference of £671 in order to vary my entrepreneur extension ion??

Please help me if some body has the experience with same issue and got his application varied successfully by only paying the difference.

Specifically requesting from moderators and all other senior members.

thanks

legalkhan
Pakistan

Re: Application variation:: Fees

Post by legalkhan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:58 pm

Any body there to answer??? Or you guys didn't understand the question I asked?

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:30 am

This is probably not work in that way, paying the difference.
It's probably you need to make as usual payment for new application and HO will refund the old application fee ( will take time). This is I have been told, from Someone who vary .

You can wait for others response, if anyone knows clearly.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:52 am

legalkhan wrote:Any body there to answer??? Or you guys didn't understand the question I asked?
It is quite late in Western Europe at least.
Stand by.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:41 am

In theory:
Varying[/url] an [url=https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/specified-application-forms-and-procedures]application wrote:A person who varies their application does not have to pay an additional fee unless the new ground they want to be considered under has a higher fee than their original application. In this case, they must pay the difference between the original fee and the new higher fee.
In practice?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

legalkhan
Pakistan

Post by legalkhan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:29 am

Thanks vinny for the reply,
Ok if the fees for new application is higher than like you said we have to pay the full fee for the new application and would get refund for the varied one. But what if the fees for new application is lower than the varied one? do we still have to pay the full fee for the new one or we don't have to pay any thing but will just lose the difference? I am asking the question because my current circumstances allow me to apply FLR(FP) for my wife for the time being where the fees is lower than the entrepreneur extension. whats going to happen here.

Please respond.

legalkhan
Pakistan

Post by legalkhan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:52 pm

any comments vinny CR001?????

please respond

imii
- thin ice -

Post by imii » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:08 pm

You have to pay full fee for the new application less or more ( does not matter )
They will refund you your previous application fee as in check .

( I have varied my application from TR1 (ILR) to SET ( LR) and I paid full fee for new application ( SET-LR)
I went on 1 day service and caseworker said they will refund my previous application's fee and will
send me check ... Although they did not decide my application on same day and have not refunded my fee
yet ..( gone 2 months now no decision on application still waiting for decision) .
However the procedure is to pay full fee for new application and ask for refund for the previous application .

KiranAgam

Post by KiranAgam » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:04 pm

Vinny reply was correct.

I had to vary my SET(LR) to SET(O); because both are ILR so no additional fees was to be paid. But I had to add a dependent on SET(O) so paid just for one dependent.

Saying that HO sent us a letter to pay total fee for varied application. We replied it was already paid and the difference was paid. I called UKVI and like many other posts they said to give full fee and ask for refund. We quoted this in our letter and said we don't agree with this approach.

But to be on safe side we filled the credit card details but wrote in the letter no additional fee needs to be paid.

They did not responded to our letter but they did not take out any money from my card.

Sometimes I feel what kind of people are working at home office?

To further clarify, when we vary an application it first goes to payment department. They don't see anything but just the fee. Therefore they confuse it as new application and see that full payment is not done.

But if varied application goes to case worker then probably they will not ask for full new fee.

Still we explained in our covering letter that it is a varied application so no additional fee is required. Even then they wrote to us asking for full fee. That's why I thought they didn't even read our cover letter.

I hope it helps.

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:12 pm

Reading this I found

those who probably going PEO on the 2nd application, they are paying the 2nd application while they book and that is why on there case they says they paid on 2nd and got refund for the first. as they unable to book without Pay for PEO appointment.

because both who mention paid for 2nd and got refund for 1st was from 2nd application on PEO. For postal application probably its as per instruction and for PEO as without notifying while they book 2nd application, HO giving refund probably. that's what happening I guess.

KiranAgam

Post by KiranAgam » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:30 pm

Just for clarification I will add that
During the time I applied for SET (LR), home office was taking long time. In the mean tin my husband visa was coming to end. So I write to HO that my husband visa is ending soon. I asked them either to give me premium appointment or conclude my application at earliest.

To which they replied me to vary it to SET (O) and with no additional fee. So I had written proof from them. Unfortunately they only started postal to premium upgrade in May 2016. I had to vary my application.

Had they concluded my application at that time I would not have this problem of my children application as I described in child born in UK ILR post.

legalkhan
Pakistan

Post by legalkhan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:26 pm

Thank you KiranAgam, imii for your responds

@ KiranAgam, I will take the same approach as you have had on your applications. I will give the details of my debit card on the safe side but will also mention it in the covering letter. You are right they shouldn't hold on to our money like this, even the policy guidance say the same.

Thanks for your valuable information, it will definitely help other applicants in the future.

Regards.