ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa- Financial information (bank statements)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chrissy

Settlement Visa- Financial information (bank statements)

Post by chrissy » Fri May 04, 2007 10:52 am

Hi

First of all I would like to say this is a GREAT site full of so much invaluable information.

I am currently in the process of preparing an application for a settlement visa. I believe we have all the relevant information regarding proving our relationship. However I am a bit concerned about our finances.

Our application is not a straight forward one, as I overstayed on my previous visa in the UK for about a year and a half. I am not in Uk at the moment although my husband is. We have a flat which we rent for GBP 575 a month and my husband earns about GBP 1400 a month. He is going to be starting a new job to earn more in a couple of days, as our savings are basically non existant due to the trip taken earlier this year to get married.

I would like any advice as to whether due to our financial situation, our application is likely to be rejected if we put in in mid June i.e after his first salary from his 2nd job. And if so, how we can improve our chances.

May I also mention that I have included a salary survey and job opportunites available for me when I arrive in the UK, which show it shouldnt be too difficult.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

bristol
Newly Registered

Post by bristol » Fri May 18, 2007 9:54 am

hi there..

Did you apply for the spouse visa and did you get it? I am in the same boat ( i think so ). However i overstayed only for 1 month and the enrty clearance officer refused my visa. I got to appeal again in UK. My husband is British and he will be appealing on my behalf.
About your husband's salary. As long as he got enough money to support you..they are happy with that. He must have proof that he got the job with the salary promised.
Good luck

chrissy

Post by chrissy » Fri May 18, 2007 2:28 pm

Hi

Sorry to hear about your refusal. It has actually shaken me now coz I was planning on putting my application in in about 4 weeks (mid June).
From the posts on this site, I was under the impression that the fact that someone overstayed would have no bearing on the decision for a spousal visa?
What inforamtion did you supply with your application and what country did you apply from, if you dont mind me asking?

I hope your appeal is successful

chrissy

Post by chrissy » Fri May 18, 2007 2:28 pm

Hi

Sorry to hear about your refusal. It has actually shaken me now coz I was planning on putting my application in in about 4 weeks (mid June).
From the posts on this site, I was under the impression that the fact that someone overstayed would have no bearing on the decision for a spousal visa?
What inforamtion did you supply with your application and what country did you apply from, if you dont mind me asking?

I hope your appeal is successful

bristol
Newly Registered

Post by bristol » Fri May 18, 2007 5:22 pm

hi..

I supplied all the relevent info like

1. hubby' bank statement
2. letter from work
3. letter from mum in law stating that she have no objection of this marriage
4. marriage cert
5. card and photos and email and telephone bills
6. saving accounts
7. since he is staying with his mum for the time bein..he got a letter from his mum about allowing me staying with them until we got our own place
8. letter from him stating that he will fully support me

I am from Malaysia by the way..

chrissy

Post by chrissy » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:56 pm

Happy New year, everyone!!

Hi

I am still overseas and away from my husband, :cry: . I have one question that I hope someone can help me with.

We would like to put in our application by March, but our main problem is our finances.

I have since started temping and doing odd jobs to try and save some funds for the application. If I were to save until March we would have about GBP 1000. I am thinking of sending this money to my husband in the UK and having him deposit it into a savings account, as I do not have a bank account here.

My question is, would this be deemed appropriate as proof of funds upon the spouse visa application? Of course all the documentation showing that the money is from me, will be included in the application package.

Thank you

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:47 pm

I don't think there is apoint in this; your husband is on a good salary.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

chrissy

Post by chrissy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:25 pm

Thanks VictoriaS,

My husband lost his second job and is only on one income, with very little left over at the end of the month. To cut a long story short he messed up during the time he had two jobs and ended up with nothing saved. I am actually very frustrated about this and am thinking of giving up because of him, who would have thought?

Anyway this is the reason for the first question.

Mohomed
Newly Registered

Post by Mohomed » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:12 pm

I have applied for my wife visa and got it. I was advised by an immigration expert that what is really important for spouse visa is not the money in account but a gud and continious salary and a proper accomodation. Lastly you should convince home office that your montly expenditure is with in the range of your salary.

chrissy

Post by chrissy » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:13 pm

Thanks Mohamed, that really helps alot.

chrissy

Post by chrissy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:42 pm

Hi,

Can anyone else give some advice? Would I just be shooting myself in the foot by sending the money through to him?

m000n

Post by m000n » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:31 pm

Hi chirissy
i m in the same position like u.diffrence is i m in uk and british and my hubby is in home country.i have the same finance prob ..my pay is 1200 a month from two jobs and i m paying 625 rent ..but i m sharing rent with other person.and i have saving 1000 pound.i think its enough.why not u advice urs hubby to share wid some one and save money.
my hubby will aply in one month ca we r waiting for document to ready .my post r this may be it help u
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=20056
many thanks

m000n

Post by m000n » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:48 pm

Mohomed wrote:I have applied for my wife visa and got it. I was advised by an immigration expert that what is really important for spouse visa is not the money in account but a gud and continious salary and a proper accomodation. Lastly you should convince home office that your montly expenditure is with in the range of your salary.
Hi mohomed
just want to ask if u tel me where i can fined immigration expert?caz i nead some advice and i dnt knw wot to do
many thanks

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:49 pm

chrissy wrote:Hi,

Can anyone else give some advice? Would I just be shooting myself in the foot by sending the money through to him?
I don't think it will hurt if you provide a wire transfer receipt or documentation of some sort. Is it a large sum compared to what's already in his savings account?

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:38 pm

It makes no difference whose account the money is in, so leave it where it is and provide both your bank statements.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:51 pm

VictoriaS wrote:It makes no difference whose account the money is in, so leave it where it is and provide both your bank statements.

Victoria
She said in the other thread that she doesn't have a bank account back home. I don't know how long it will take to open one.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:12 pm

I get confused when people write the same thing in several threads in different ways!

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

chrissy

Post by chrissy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Sorry for the confusion, VictoriaS....just trying to get things sorted!!!

Thanks alot paulp & VictoriaS.....the advice is much appreciated.

And no paulp, its not a large amount, I just thought every little helps you know. Its probably gonna be about GBP100-200 every month. Also I can provide proof that the money was sent from me.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:54 pm

Chrissy, like Victoria said, it doesn't matter much whether the money is in your of his account. You may want to have a look at what the pound sterling is doing versus your home currency (appreciating or depreciating).

chrissy

Post by chrissy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:50 pm

Hi,

Me again, back with another question :lol: Ok so as I mentioned before, I would like to put in my spouse visa application at the end of this month. The days are going by so quick, I am a nervous wreck!!!!

Now my husband has just started a new job, and I was wondering if it would be better for me to wait until his first salary (from the new job) goes through and reflects on his bank statements or if it was ok for us to just include his contract of employment as proof that we are able to support ourselves and apply slightly earlier that the end of March (early April)?

Thanking you all in advance.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:17 pm

WHy not wait - collect at least 3 months worth of salaries to show a consisten pattern or trend developing?

Better than relying on 1 payslip?

chrissy

Post by chrissy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:58 am

Well this would be additional income from a second job. We will provide six months bank statements from his older job. The income from the older job covers all expnses.

Waiting for another 3 months is not something we want to do. We have been apart for too long!!!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:37 am

chrissy wrote:Well this would be additional income from a second job. We will provide six months bank statements from his older job. The income from the older job covers all expnses.

Waiting for another 3 months is not something we want to do. We have been apart for too long!!!
this extra pittance you want to put in to make your application more worthy is not impressive, if you don't want to wait, then dont' wait.

chrissy

Post by chrissy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:10 pm

Lol......SYH never one to dissappoint. Well, the details of the second job are important, I would think, as they are requested on the application form.

Thanks for you comment though....it made my day!!