ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa refused before new application chances?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Benji89
Newly Registered

Spouse visa refused before new application chances?

Post by Benji89 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:18 am

Hello everyone

We've submitted my husbands visa application and now it's just a waiting game to find out what happens next... I just wanted to ask what are our chances and what counts as A NOT straightforward case?

A bit of background info on my husbands immigration history

We applied for spouse visa last year back in August but it was refused because
1) home office didn't think our relationship was genuine ( this problem sorted as my husbands decree absolute has come through)

2) they refused us because they said my husband used deception in his test to obtain his certificate (ETS /TOIEC scam) ftr he didn't cheat they accused 40,000 students of cheating

It was basically those two reasons and we were advised that my husband returns back to his own country and make a fresh application which we have done so

Anyone who is in the same boat as me? Also what are our chances of refusal?

Many thanks

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: Spouse visa refused before new application chances?

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:25 am

If you have tried to rectify the previous points of refusal then you should be fine. No one of us can predict about the outcome of your application. Its always better to provide as much information as possible to satisfy all the requirements of spouse settlement visa then its all up to entry clearance officer

Benji89
Newly Registered

Post by Benji89 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:31 am

Thankyou so much for your reply. Yes we have we have a really good solicitor who's helping us out and his cover letter was superb it rectified all his refusal points but I just hope whoever our caseworker is is a nice person.

Also I just wanted to know is it possible for home office to grant a visa before 90 days? Like say 60 days? Or is do they stick to their deadlines?

Thanks again

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:48 am

Benji89 wrote:Thankyou so much for your reply. Yes we have we have a really good solicitor who's helping us out and his cover letter was superb it rectified all his refusal points but I just hope whoever our caseworker is is a nice person.

Also I just wanted to know is it possible for home office to grant a visa before 90 days? Like say 60 days? Or is do they stick to their deadlines?

Thanks again
I applied spouse settlement visa in early May and still waiting for outcome while there are many people who got the visa just after 60 working days ( from biometric date) in case of non priority application so again there is no one time for all applicants as they treat every application different and also very much depend on ECO whether he go for verification of documents which take time . I was thinking that my case is very straightforward but then received the email that its not straightforward so will not be decided within standard waiting time.. You had option to go for priority if you cannot wait but stay positive.

Benji89
Newly Registered

Post by Benji89 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:51 am

In May? That'll be five months in September, I feel for you hope they grant ur spouses visa. I'm hoping mines will be a straightforward case. If u don't mind why did they say ur case wasn't straightforward?

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:02 am

Benji89 wrote:In May? That'll be five months in September, I feel for you hope they grant ur spouses visa. I'm hoping mines will be a straightforward case. If u don't mind why did they say ur case wasn't straightforward?
It could mean many things. some ECO send this generic email because they cannot decide the application within set target because of backlog while others send this email for genuine reason to verify the documents you submitted i.e they call employer/hmrc/sponsor/landlord etc to verify the documents which you submitted. In my case neither me nor my employer received any call from them yet and tracking status suggest its yet to be accessed so I cannot do much except wait ..

They take 60 working days minimum from biometric date and they don't include weekend and bank holidays so if you are lucky then should get decision within 60 to 70 working days if they don't go for extra checks ..well good luck