ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

date of curtailment decision, 60 days, letter from HO

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kamilla133
inactive

date of curtailment decision, 60 days, letter from HO

Post by Kamilla133 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:53 am

I would like to ask for a consultation regarding my current visa situation? PLEASE.
I have been living in the UK since sept 2009, back then I was an MSc student holding a student visa. After graduation I received a Post Study Work visa and got a job. The company started sponsoring my tier 2 visa summer 2012 and then extended it again in May 2015.
My position was made redundant with termination date 12 July 2016. The Home Office departure notification report says "activity date" - 29 July.
By today I have received job offers from two organizations.
I am aware of a 60 day period given to me to apply for a new visa.
What would be the exact dates and deadlines for application given my current situation?

Also I think the HO must send me a letter with something called "curtailment decision". I don't know what this means. Would someone please let me know
1) when the 60 day period starts and finishes
2) How to check if HomeOffice have my home address correct or not. I heard that there is a form for me to fill with an updated address on their website - i cannot find it.

Please, please, help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: date of curtailment decision, 60 days, letter from HO

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:59 am

1) when the 60 day period starts and finishes
The 60 days is from the date of the curtailment letter. The letter can take a while to get sent out.
2) How to check if HomeOffice have my home address correct or not. I heard that there is a form for me to fill with an updated address on their website - i cannot find it.
Your employer should have your current details and probably provided them to HO. Have you changed address since last application you made?

https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kamilla133
inactive

Post by Kamilla133 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:20 pm

Thank you very much, CR001!!

Kamilla133
inactive

Curtailment letter not Received_how to follow up?

Post by Kamilla133 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:34 pm

Hi! It has been about 50 days since the date of termination of my position in the sponsoring company. I still haven't received the letter from Home Office with the curtailment decision date.
Would anyone know whom to write to or call to follow up with the HO? I am afraid that I am running out of time. :cry:

Please help.

Thank you in advance!

Kamilla

tckraju
United Kingdom

Re: Curtailment letter not Received_how to follow up?

Post by tckraju » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:50 am

There is nothing to worry about.

Hopefully, the UKVI has your current address, which should have been provided to them by your employer at the time of informing the curtailment.

It is not uncommon for the curtailment letter to arrive late, sometimes many months.

Your curtailment of leave will start from the date you receive the letter to 60 days. So if between that time u can apply a new visa with new employer, you should be fine

Don't get stressed out as your 60 days time starts from the day you received the letter.

Kamilla133
inactive

more than 60 days, but no Curtailment Letter. ILR affected?

Post by Kamilla133 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:33 pm

Hi! Could anyone please help me?
I am currently on Tier 2 General and in between two jobs. The new company is about to apply for a sponsored visa for me, but my termination date on my last job has already been a bit more than 60 days ago. I still haven't received a curtailment letter from the Home Office. Since I haven't received the letter, as far as I understand, it still is alright to apply for the new visa.

But does this affect my chance to get ILR? Can't I get ILR now when there's been a more than 60 days since my last termination date (or is it counted from the curtailment date too)? :?

I would greately appreciate any help.
Thank you
Kamilla

Kamilla133
inactive

> 60 days break. ILR possible?

Post by Kamilla133 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi!
would anyone know of cases when people successfully applied for ILR when they had more than 60 days between the jobs?
My case: termination date on last job - 11 of July, planning to apply for a new Tier 2 on September 20th (Premium service).
No curtailment letter ever received.
If I didn't lose my job, I would have applied for ILR in just 10 months :| Is it going to be possible?

Please help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:33 pm

M.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mikeduanduan
Newly Registered

Re: > 60 days break. ILR possible?

Post by mikeduanduan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:37 am

Kamilla133 wrote:Hi!
would anyone know of cases when people successfully applied for ILR when they had more than 60 days between the jobs?
My case: termination date on last job - 11 of July, planning to apply for a new Tier 2 on September 20th (Premium service).
No curtailment letter ever received.
If I didn't lose my job, I would have applied for ILR in just 10 months :| Is it going to be possible?

Please help.

Hi, have you received your curtailment letter? How long it will take? HO seems very busy to do it. I donot think it will affect your ILR application, because it not a gap.

marinaazul
Newly Registered

Post by marinaazul » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi Kamila,
Did you receive the letter? what happened with your application for the ILR?

Thanks.

rodvmu

Post by rodvmu » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:51 pm

From my personal experience, it takes many months to receive the notice of curtailment. They'll give you 60 days after they notify you (by email as well). So if you haven't received any notice, it should be ok. I received a notice of curtailment 6 months after I had changed sponsors, and they gave me exactly 2 months from the date I received the email.

I'm actually trying to figure out how I can rectify that I've been with another sponsor for 6 months now. It seems their system doesn't match information properly when you change sponsors.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:05 pm

marinaazul wrote:Hi Kamila,
Did you receive the letter? what happened with your application for the ILR?

Thanks.
Kamila hasn't visited this form since September 2016
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.