ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP complicated case - need help pls

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

salmuzeey

EEA FP complicated case - need help pls

Post by salmuzeey » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi there

I have a very rare case.I have been in the UK for the past 5 yrs (as a student and worker).My wife and I married last year.I am currently with wifey in her home country,we are planning to apply for an EEA FP-however i have been out of employment for over 3 months now.(i will be graduating in Oct though )

I have exercise treaty rights for the past 5YRS.I am not sure which route should we take? Please help out as i am really confuse

noajthan

Re: EEA FP COMPLICATED CASE-NEED HELP PLS

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:45 pm

salmuzeey wrote:Hi there

I have a very rare case.I have been in the UK for the past 5 yrs (as a student and worker).My wife and I married last year.I am currently with wifey in her home country,we are planning to apply for an EEA FP-however i have been out of employment for over 3 months now.(i will be graduating in Oct though )

I have exercise treaty rights for the past 5YRS.I am not sure which route should we take? Please help out as i am really confuse
What route do you mean?

Apply for FP for wife, to move with you to UK. As simple as that.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

salmuzeey

Post by salmuzeey » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:55 pm

noajthan wrote:
salmuzeey wrote:Hi there

What route do you mean?

Apply for FP for wife, to move with you to UK. As simple as that.
thanks alot noajthan for your response..thing is am not employed(have been out of employment for over 3 months)so i was just wondering what makes me a qualified person now would previous payslips work?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:49 pm

salmuzeey wrote:thanks alot noajthan for your response..thing is am not employed(have been out of employment for over 3 months)so i was just wondering what makes me a qualified person now would previous payslips work?
You can enter country and enjoy a 3 month grace period under EU law. So its not necessary to be anything for 3 months.

salmuzeey

Post by salmuzeey » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:46 pm

noajthan wrote:
salmuzeey wrote:thanks alot noajthan for your response..thing is am not employed(have been out of employment for over 3 months)so i was just wondering what makes me a qualified person now would previous payslips work?
You can enter country and enjoy a 3 month grace period under EU law. So its not necessary to be anything for 3 months.
I have been in the Uk for the past 5yrs though as a student and worker so can wife still apply for FP using the 3 months grace period?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:40 pm

salmuzeey wrote:I have been in the Uk for the past 5yrs though as a student and worker so can wife still apply for FP using the 3 months grace period?
In that case you may have to show your status as a qualified person (or the fact that you have acquired PR - if you have).

You're the sponsor so your wife's is activity is immaterial, even after the initial 3 months in UK.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: EEA FP complicated case - need help pls

Post by Noetic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:04 pm

Do you have CSI as if not then being a student doesn't count as exercising treaty rights.