ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for AN Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kkseding
Newly Registered

Documents for AN Application

Post by kkseding » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:12 pm

Hello Distinguished Gurus,

I need some clarifications here please;

I am EEA Family member ( Spouse ).... I applied for PR in April 2015. Got PR in October 2015.

I am about to submit my AN application but I am a little confused in terms of documents to submit.

There is a section in the AN Booklet that says

"For example:
If you apply for Permanent Residence on 1st December 2015 and want to apply for
Citizenship once that application is decided, you should send evidence that shows you
were exercising Treaty rights as a qualified person or family member from 1 December
2009 to 1 December 2014." .....

Does this mean that I have to submit ONLY documents that went with my PR application in April 2015?

Thank you for your usual prompt response(s)

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Documents for AN Application

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:17 pm

When did you actually acquire PR? i.e when did you complete 5 years exercising your Treaty rights in the UK?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kkseding
Newly Registered

Post by kkseding » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:23 pm

Casa wrote:When did you actually acquire PR? i.e when did you complete 5 years exercising your Treaty rights in the UK?

I applied for RC in october 2009, got my RC in March 2010, which expired in March 2015.. Then applied for PR in April 2015 then got it October 2015.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:27 pm

It appears that you could have applied for BC any time after April 2016 which is when you would have acquired PR automatically. Just ensure that you were present in the UK 5 years previously on the date you submit your application.

For NCS it's the date you hand in your application or if by applying by post, the date the Home Office receive it.

I've assumed that you're not married to a British citizen.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kkseding
Newly Registered

Post by kkseding » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:30 pm

Casa wrote:It appears that you could have applied for BC any time after April 2016. Just ensure that you were present in the UK 5 years previously on the date you submit your application.

For NCS it's the date you hand in your application or if by applying by post, the date the Home Office receive it.

Thank you. You didnt answer my question regarding the documents to submit.

Cheers

kkseding
Newly Registered

Post by kkseding » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:32 pm

Casa wrote:It appears that you could have applied for BC any time after April 2016 which is when you would have acquired PR automatically. Just ensure that you were present in the UK 5 years previously on the date you submit your application.

I've assumed that you're not married to a British citizen.

I am married to an EEA National... I wanted to know which documents to submit in relation to whats stipulated in AN Booklet. Kindly refer to my first question in this post. Thank you