ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirement for HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abidul_wahab
Newly Registered

English Requirement for HSMP

Post by abidul_wahab » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:53 pm

Hello

i have a confussion about the English language Requirement for HSMP. Plz tell me, what type of other documents are required to show english ability. IELTS test is mandatory or not? if i provide proof from my University that i have studied throughout in English then, is it enough to qualify ?

Plz answer in detail
Thank you.

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:46 pm

Hiya,

You need proof from the same University that awarded you a Bachelor's Degree. If you have one such letter, that is good enough for the English Language requirements.

The alternative is to take the IELTS Test. You need a minimum of 6.0 under the current HSMP criteria to successfully meet the English Language requirements.

Cheers.

abidul_wahab
Newly Registered

Requirement of English Language for HSMP

Post by abidul_wahab » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:43 am

Thank you for your reply

I have another question related to the same issue of providing an English Language Certificate from the University.
I am from Pakistan, where the MSc degree is equivalent to the Bachelors Degree in UK. Now i have a confussion that either i will show BSc Certificate or MSc Certificate or both of them, for English Language Ability?

Kindly provide a good and descriptive answer again
Thank you.

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:41 pm

Hiya,

My guess is, in order to meet the English Language requirement, you need to provide your Bachelor's degree and a letter from the same University stating it was taught in English.

NARIC may have assessed your Master's to a British Bachelors - that does not make it a Bachelor's Degree. It still remains a Master's degree and the HO has specified they will not consider a Master's degree for English Language requirement, stating that the time spent doing a Masters is not sufficient to command a grasp of the English language.

Cheers.

abidul_wahab
Newly Registered

Earning requirement for HSMP

Post by abidul_wahab » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:10 am

Thank u for answering my question so briefly and to the point

I have one year experience in IT Profession as a Software Engineer. I have made a project for a company in Dubai and they pay me for that software. But the question is that, what type of proof will be required for that project in terms of Income tax returns and other documents. In Dubai, there is no tax culture. Therefore kindly just tell me about the documents required.

1. One year Experience certificate plus Income tax returns. OK
but
2. Project related documents plus tax ?