ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Adult British Passport (question)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sas Sam

First Adult British Passport (question)

Post by Sas Sam » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:23 pm

Hi,

I'm planning to send my passport application soon as well and as I have the same questions like @member777 had and some additional, I've thought I ask those here instead of open a new topic for that.

So as I can see the answers above, I don't have to send any grandparent's details as I've been naturalised last month. Good news!

But I have a question about the countersignatory. At the company where I'm working we are not using "manager" title, but we have "lead" and "head of" titles. Can I ask one of that person to countersign my application? Are those title fine for this? The document says "manager/personnel officer of a limited company".

Thank you!
EEA(PR) application sent: 07/10/2015 (received 08/10/2015)
Card charged: 09/10/2015
Email from HO: 19/10/2015
PR Card received: 25/11/2015
----
My Naturalisation timeline is here.
My Passport timeline is here.

noajthan

Re: First Adult British Passport (question)

Post by noajthan » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:09 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:26 am

Thank you @noajthan!

In the meantime -while I'm waiting for the answer for my first question- I have few another questions.

1. Do I have to provide my mother's maiden name as well?
2. What's the place of issue of the naturalisation's certificate? Is that the place where the ceremony was or Home Office London (it's on the certificate)?
----

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:52 am

Sas Sam wrote:Thank you @noajthan!

In the meantime -while I'm waiting for the answer for my first question- I have few another questions.

1. Do I have to provide my mother's maiden name as well?
2. What's the place of issue of the naturalisation's certificate? Is that the place where the ceremony was or Home Office London (it's on the certificate)?
1) Yes (think so)

2) As per Certificate.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:41 am

It is ONLY grand parents details you DO NOT have to provide if naturalised as British. Parents details must be provided.

Place of issue is HOME OFFICE LONDON.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:29 am

Thank you for the answers @noajthan and @CR001!

@CR001: Yes, I know the parents' details must be provided, but the question was the maiden name of my mother. But I think I'll write her marriage name in section 4 and I'll provide her maiden name too in section 8.

The countersignatory is still blurry for me... :? Any idea or experience on that?
----

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:32 am

So, I called the HMPO last week and asked my question about the "manager" title. They said it should be someone who is managing the whole company, so basically it means CEO or Managing Director. The "lead" or "head of" are not acceptable.

I asked our MD for countersign my application then I've sent it via post with "Check and send" service on Monday afternoon. Hopefully everything will be alright, however I haven't received any SMS text message confirmation yet. :roll: I've checked the Passport timeline topic and there almost everybody got text message within 2 days... :shock:

I know, I have to stay calm... I'm still waiting, just raised my concern.
----

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:13 am

Finally there is progress on my passport application... I've get back my documents and have an interview date. :)

I try to prepare myself and had a look on the possible questions here on the forum. Some of those are really personal questions, eg. "Who do you live with?". I don't mind the question, I don't have anything to hide, but I'm just wondering... How they check these infos? :) Do they come to my home to talk to them? Or contact to the landlord?
----

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:47 am

You are over thinking it. Do you really th8nk that HMPO have the manpower to "check on you".

They ask you questions that only you will know, this is to confirm you are who you say you are. They have access to loads of systems and HO history on you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:18 am

@Sam, those black helicopters - its just for the movies.

Although, wait a minute... - what's that noise, ....hey, who are you ...

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:21 am

noajthan wrote:@Sam, those black helicopters - its just for the movies.

Although, wait a minute... - what's that noise, ....hey, who are you ...
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
----

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:28 am

Sas Sam wrote:Finally there is progress on my passport application... I've get back my documents and have an interview date. :)

I try to prepare myself and had a look on the possible questions here on the forum. Some of those are really personal questions, eg. "Who do you live with?". I don't mind the question, I don't have anything to hide, but I'm just wondering... How they check these infos? :) Do they come to my home to talk to them? Or contact to the landlord?
They seem to look for consistency with previous answers and/or details submitted with previous applications.
And information submitted to other agencies, eg local council.
For example, who you live with could be crosschecked with electoral roll and/or council tax bill.
An imposter may not be up to speed on that.

This is not an English test, its a confirmation of id / test for identity fraud.
Body language, eye contact and confidence/composure may also play a part.

The interviewer seems to use Google Earth or similar; make sure you know how to get to the shops from where you live, what type of house you live in, what flowers grow in your garden;
name of child's headmistress if you have school age children; colour of school uniform;
also, how you got to the interview centre (including, for example, train stops and journey time).

Those particular questions really unsettled my wife and daughter. However the interviewer (female) was quite human and fairly sympathetic.
(And again, an imposter would not be aware of all such little details).

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:06 am

CR001 wrote:You are over thinking it. Do you really th8nk that HMPO have the manpower to "check on you".

They ask you questions that only you will know, this is to confirm you are who you say you are. They have access to loads of systems and HO history on you.
Yes, I completely understand this and I didn't think that they have manpower for this... it was a theoretical question really... :) but I was just thinking what if I live with my girlfriend but prev. tenants/owner are still on the council tax/council system and I don't know about it (or it change during the checking process)... it happened before at prev. place where I lived.

So yes, as I said, I have nothing to hide but I guess this interview makes everyone a bit stressful ... :)
----

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:11 am

noajthan wrote:They seem to look for consistency with previous answers and/or details submitted with previous applications.
And information submitted to other agencies, eg local council.
For example, who you live with could be crosschecked with electoral roll and/or council tax bill.
An imposter may not be up to speed on that.

This is not an English test, its a confirmation of id / test for identity fraud.
Body language, eye contact and confidence/composure may also play a part.

The interviewer seems to use Google Earth or similar; make sure you know how to get to the shops from where you live, what type of house you live in, what flowers grow in your garden;
name of child's headmistress if you have school age children; colour of school uniform;
also, how you got to the interview centre (including, for example, train stops and journey time).

Those particular questions really unsettled my wife and daughter. However the interviewer (female) was quite human and fairly sympathetic.
(And again, an imposter would not be aware of all such little details).
Yes, I thought they will do cross-checks across their different systems as I mentioned in my prev. post to @CR001. I know and see the point of it and it makes sense of course.

So my question was theoretical, however there could be cases where my given answer (even if that if the true) different from that data what they store in their database currently.
----

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:42 pm

So, the time just arrived... My passport is here in my hands. :) I'm really happy now and I start to enjoy the new beginning. Thanks you all for all advice and help!
----

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:48 pm

Sas Sam wrote:So, the time just arrived... My passport is here in my hands. :) I'm really happy now and I start to enjoy the new beginning. Thanks you all for all advice and help!
Congratulations.
Go and celebrate with a well-earned pint of warm beer and some fish and chips.

Rule Britannia!