ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unsuccessful applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ana1986
Newly Registered

Re: Unsuccessful Naturalisation (AN) applications

Post by Ana1986 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Hello,

Thank you all for the messages! I did send my documents with WRS along date 10/5/2008 when applying for PR card. I attached also the letter from my first employer and all p60s for the first years. I don't have any doubts that I acquired PR status in 2013.
However my application was unsuccessful as my card was issued in 15/12/2015.
Just hope only my reconsideration will be successful... Really worried....
Ana

Ana1986
Newly Registered

Post by Ana1986 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:32 pm

It is really confusing that PR card only shows when its was issued not actually the date when a person accuired PR status.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:45 pm

You don't need to re-post your question. Apply for a Standard subject access report (SAR) for exact date that you acquired PR.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

MunnaUK
Newly Registered

Post by MunnaUK » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:45 pm

Hi,

I need an advise on my case which was rejected in the month of March 2016. I applied for reconsideration but till now not news.

I am on a ILR since Nov 2014. I had some issues with my ILR for which I case was struck with HO and court about 2 years before I got my ILR.
HO rejected my Naturalization application since they cannot see any visa for the period where my case was pending with HO (ILR). Section 3C says that we are eligible to work while our case are with HO.

I am not sure if the case officer checked within their system regarding my application history. I am not sure why its taking so much of time for reconsideration though it was not mistake.

your advise on this would be much appreciated.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:55 pm

Give us a brief history of your immigration journey in the UK.

Remember that Section 3C only engages if an FLR/ILR application was submitted before pre-existing leave expires and not if it is submitted late (after the day the leave has expired).

Apply for an SAR with the Home Office to see what they have on record for your leave.

And remember that citizenship is not a part of the immigration process and is governed by separate and unrelated laws. A breach of absence may have been ignored for immigration purposes, but could be taken into account for citizenship/naturalisation purposes.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

L_yukii
Newly Registered

Post by L_yukii » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:56 am

Hi
My British Citizenship application has been refused because I didn't provide my English Language test. Which was my fault.

Can I reapply and start a fresh application?

Thank you

liverpool1
Newly Registered

Post by liverpool1 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:37 pm

L_yukii wrote:Hi
My British Citizenship application has been refused because I didn't provide my English Language test. Which was my fault.

Can I reapply and start a fresh application?

Thank you

That was really silly from you, but there should not be any problem for a new fresh application:)

dugg
Newly Registered

Post by dugg » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:58 am

Hello

I have applied and am terribly nervous, if in the event that an application is unsuccessful can I resubmit a new application or does there have to be an appeal?

Thank you

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:02 am

Hi

Why are you worried you can apply for a fresh application instead of appeal. When did you apply

I hope you get approval soon.

dugg wrote:Hello

I have applied and am terribly nervous, if in the event that an application is unsuccessful can I resubmit a new application or does there have to be an appeal?

Thank you

dugg
Newly Registered

Post by dugg » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:17 am

I applied on the 8th August but there is an issue whereby my second name on my birth certificate is different to my passport. My ILR is the same as the name on my passport as is all other documentation. I am really stressed about this, that is why I wondered if it were to fail, instead of appeal I could do a fresh application.

Thank you

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:48 am

you can maybe send them a letter explaining this or on what basis did you apply under.
dugg wrote:I applied on the 8th August but there is an issue whereby my second name on my birth certificate is different to my passport. My ILR is the same as the name on my passport as is all other documentation. I am really stressed about this, that is why I wondered if it were to fail, instead of appeal I could do a fresh application.

Thank you

dugg
Newly Registered

Post by dugg » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:51 am

Allesheikh wrote:you can maybe send them a letter explaining this or on what basis did you apply under.
dugg wrote:I applied on the 8th August but there is an issue whereby my second name on my birth certificate is different to my passport. My ILR is the same as the name on my passport as is all other documentation. I am really stressed about this, that is why I wondered if it were to fail, instead of appeal I could do a fresh application.

Thank you
I did send them a letter and explained it along with the application. I applied under 5yrs ILR. It is my middle name that is spelled incorrectly and only on my birth certificate.

Do you know if it were to fail if I could submit a new application?

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:53 am

yes you can submit a fresh application but dont worry you will get approved if you have explained. Why did you attach birth certificate anyways.
dugg wrote:
Allesheikh wrote:you can maybe send them a letter explaining this or on what basis did you apply under.

Thank you
I did send them a letter and explained it along with the application. I applied under 5yrs ILR. It is my middle name that is spelled incorrectly and only on my birth certificate.

Do you know if it were to fail if I could submit a new application?

dugg
Newly Registered

Post by dugg » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:58 am

[quote="Allesheikh"]yes you can submit a fresh application but dont worry you will get approved if you have explained. Why did you attach birth certificate anyways.

I thought it was the right thing to do...I didn't realise it would make me so nervous :) Thank you so much for your advice and kindness :)

w55
Newly Registered

Post by w55 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:47 am

HO Made an error in judgement , by not considering all the material facts, They reject the application on the basis of the judgement. We apply for reconsideration and wait for 8 weeks. We then applied for Pre action protocol and received a reply from the HO that the reconsideration request is pending and will process the decision as soon as the reconsideration request is reviewed. They also told in the reply that they will do this as soon as possible. The question we have is , if we go for the Judical review, will the court consider our case in the light of the evidence or will they simply reject the case on the basis that a reconsideration application is already pending . What do you suggest and think we should do , also what do you think will be the outcome of JR?

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:47 am

As far as I know you have to wait for reconsideration before going for pre action protocol or JR. if you go for JR while your application is under reconsideration they will simply ask you to wait.

But wait for other senior members to comment maybe I'm wrong.

Good luck

Thanks
Ali
w55 wrote:HO Made an error in judgement , by not considering all the material facts, They reject the application on the basis of the judgement. We apply for reconsideration and wait for 8 weeks. We then applied for Pre action protocol and received a reply from the HO that the reconsideration request is pending and will process the decision as soon as the reconsideration request is reviewed. They also told in the reply that they will do this as soon as possible. The question we have is , if we go for the Judical review, will the court consider our case in the light of the evidence or will they simply reject the case on the basis that a reconsideration application is already pending . What do you suggest and think we should do , also what do you think will be the outcome of JR?

w55
Newly Registered

Post by w55 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:14 pm

HI What is the typical waiting period for NR Reconsideration Application, Does Pre action Protocol speed up the process?

farfar
Newly Registered

Post by farfar » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:08 pm

w55 wrote:HI What is the typical waiting period for NR Reconsideration Application, Does Pre action Protocol speed up the process?

Hi
Sorry to tell you I have been waiting since Sep 2015
Still no luck

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:49 pm

There is no set time for reconsideration. It could be a few weeks, it could be over a year.

farfar
Newly Registered

Post by farfar » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:09 pm

ohara wrote:There is no set time for reconsideration. It could be a few weeks, it could be over a year.
I got an update letter in May this year stating that there are very high volume of reconsideration applications
And all applications will be dealt with in order
Thanks

farfar
Newly Registered

Post by farfar » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:33 pm

Finally finally after 11 months and 20 days reconsideration application
My solicitor got my approval letter today dated 24th of Aug
Never been straight forward relationship between me and HO
Glad it came to an end
Hope you all get the approval soon

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:05 pm

Congratulation Farfar thats good news
Can you share your journey plz
farfar wrote:Finally finally after 11 months and 20 days reconsideration application
My solicitor got my approval letter today dated 24th of Aug
Never been straight forward relationship between me and HO
Glad it came to an end
Hope you all get the approval soon

Asazi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Asazi » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:25 pm

Farfar, I've been following your story with interest because you never stopped cheering others on despite your wait. I am sooooo thrilled for you. May God bless you. Enjoy your new status. Good for you!!!

Rassel

Post by Rassel » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:54 pm

Why he was refuse? whats his journey
Asazi wrote:Farfar, I've been following your story with interest because you never stopped cheering others on despite your wait. I am sooooo thrilled for you. May God bless you. Enjoy your new status. Good for you!!!

farfar
Newly Registered

Post by farfar » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:13 pm

Thanks everyone for your nice comments, This citizenship has caused me far more stress than any other thing happened in my life, specially being a refugee, not able to travel home- i havnt seen my parents since 2007 :cry:
Here is my awful experience with HO
I got my naturlization refused because they said i entered the UK Illegally
I came to the UK on 3/12/2007 on spouse visa landed in manchester airport. My visa was valid from 25/11/2007 to 25/11/2009
after few months marriage broke down and i claimed asylum on 3/3/2008
was granted the refugee status on 16/12/2008
All my appeals were on time and was supported by NASS during this time
applied for naturlization on 1/4/2015 and shocking refusal letter was sent on 26/8/2015 saying that i didnt fulfill the good character requirements as i entered the UK illegally on 3/3/2008 after my visa was entry clearance was refused on the 22/02/2008. I dont know who they are talking about here. As said before i was here already in the UK, I dont know what entry clearance they are talking about. I felt they were talking about a different person not myself.
Anyway i got this refusal letter on 26/08/2015, i then sought legal advice. they said there is something wrong obviously but on the otherhand advised not to put the hopes high as the HO can just refuse for any stupid cause
We sent reconsideration application on 16/09/2015- beginning of May this year my solicitor got a letter saying there is very high volume of reconsideration applications and all will be dealt with in order
My local MP was involved since the beginning of this year, she was really helpful- she even called me before my solicitor to say congrats
Thats all
Thanks again and all the best