ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post ILR...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nzshay

Post ILR...

Post by Nzshay » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:27 pm

Hi there,

We have just received ILR via the postal route, 6 months of my life I will never get back... I want to apply for Registration of my 2 UK born children, but I don't want to lose our only recently regained passports and BRP's for another extended time.

(1) Do we have to send the original documents for the application, or can we go through the NCS service at the local council.
(2) If applying for passports at the same time do I have to send my sons passport's.
(3) Should I just wait until we can all apply for British Citizenship which is in August 2017.
(4) Is there a Fast track service for Citizenship Applications, as I never want to undergo the wait we have just been through again via the postal service.

The reason being that I would like to go away around Xmas time and April next year and it seems to me that the processing times are about 4 months. It seems like the best option is to wait until we can all go through the process in August next year.

Thoughts?

secret.simon

Re: Post ILR...

Post by secret.simon » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:34 pm

Nzshay wrote:(2) If applying for passports at the same time do I have to send my sons passport's.
If your children already have passports of another country, then yes.
Nzshay wrote:(4) Is there a Fast track service for Citizenship Applications, as I never want to undergo the wait we have just been through again via the postal service.
No.
Nzshay wrote:Thoughts?
Citizenship is a pretty serious step for both the country and you and the country, in the guise of the Home Office, would want to make completely sure that you meet the requirements it sees fit to impose before going down an almost irreversible route. It is not just another step in the immigration process, which ends at ILR. It is a completely separate process, with separate requirements and separate laws.

So, when you apply, be patient and be grateful when you receive it.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Nzshay

Re: Post ILR...

Post by Nzshay » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:51 pm

Thanks for that secret.simon. I completely understand re Citizenship, and will be wholly grateful if/once I get granted citizenship, it is a privilege. I just need to figure out how to apply for all of us with the minimum fuss possible.... A family of 5 is a difficult beast to manage!

I think the best option might be for us all to put our applications in at the same time. 2 for registration and 3 for naturalisation and combine the applications with passport applications via the NCS.