ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New EU states, new problems for EEA/EU family members

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

johnsienk
BANNED

New EU states, new problems for EEA/EU family members

Post by johnsienk » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:20 pm

<original post deleted>
Last edited by johnsienk on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:47 pm

Look I tuned out after Poland because it is one of the newer EU states who are getting phased in. So if you are already getting pissed off when you are not even a full member, well I just don't want a headache. Although maybe Poland has not been full integrated by now. Other takers?

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:09 pm

<original post deleted>
Last edited by johnsienk on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:19 pm

johnsienk wrote:>>What you may be referring to are transitional periods regarding compliance to,.
Yeah I am, but I wasn't going to get pedantic about it in terms on how to call it. And again, I tuned out after that sentence because you may not realize it but when people overload their thread with wordiness, it impacts whether people respond or not.

So I wish you luck

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:25 pm

<original post deleted>

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:38 pm

deleted by poster
Last edited by johnsienk on Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:14 am

John, not that I know much about the directive, but I think your e-mail is spot on. If they write on their website information regarding free movement for non-EEA family members of EEA nationals, then they obviously know about the directive and are just acting "Irish" about it (as in...adding whatever they like to it, even though there is no such requirement in the directive).

Regardless of how long they've been an EU member state, I don't think it takes a long time to get the visa forms and a free method of booking sorted.

I also think people should challenge member states on these sort of things, otherwise they'll never change it and, as most people probably have no knowledge of the directive and how it should be applied, they will continue to pay despite not having to.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:47 am

johnsienk wrote:I am a bit baffled by your attitude. You recon I should just pay them 15 quid for the phone call, my wife should endure repetative questions and requests regarding her finance, purpose of visit and personal life (even thou she has the right of free movement) Better yet, maybe we should just bend over?
I think it's atrocious how different embassies are indifferent to E.U directives.
You should complain to SOLVIT.

http://www.ec.europa.eu/solvit/

As to the alleged wordiness of your post, you are entitled to be as wordy as you want :D

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:03 pm

archigabe wrote:I think it's atrocious how different embassies are indifferent to E.U directives.

You should complain to SOLVIT.

http://www.ec.europa.eu/solvit/

As to the alleged wordiness of your post, you are entitled to be as wordy as you want :D
Both opinions seconded.

Contact SOLVIT. Either they will take up the complaint with you and inform Bulgaria how to behave, or they will help you understand if Bulgaria has such a right as to behave that way.

Considering how often people get spanked around here for not providing enough information, I find it refreshing that you attempted to provide full and relevant context.

Blowing a little bit of steam off for the situation ... is absolutely Fair Game and Allowed under these forum rules of engagement. We just ask that you blow off enough steam to feel better without offending half the community.

You will occasionally see me using much stronger language in my posts .. I'm only trying to set a standard that others find easy to live up to. Um, or down to. ;-)

the Admin

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:32 pm

<original post deleted>

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:21 pm

The "standard" visa form is the Schengen visa application. It is valid in all the Schengen countries. At this point that means it is NOT used in the UK, Ireland, Romania and Bulgaria.

They do however have to abide by the requirements of Directive 2004/38/EC.

The really difficult thing about the premium phone lines is how to challenge it in court.

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:47 pm

<original post deleted>"
Last edited by johnsienk on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:55 pm

<original post deleted>

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:40 pm

<original post deleted>

petkanov

Go get them

Post by petkanov » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:46 am

I am from Bulgaria and I am very thankfull you are challanging these brainless officials. They still tend to thing that they give you permission and don't understand the concept that actually you have the right. My opinion is that the European Commission is well informed of all these breaches of Directive 38 and the payback time will come for all these states that breach it. I feel that they are waibting for the Lisbon treaty to be ratified and then will go get countries like Ireland and others that breach the directive. When the new treaty enters into force, freedom of movement will greatly expand, and I would think with the charter of rights incorporated into the treaty, your access to justice will increase.[/list]

mym
Member of Standing

Post by mym » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:15 pm

johnsienk wrote:I am a bit baffled by your attitude.
Yes, he was a bit brusque (though we can all have bad days). Hopefully someone else not put off by long posts will be along to help soon.

I prefer long posts (as long as they are focussed) - much better than uninformative one line "hi, how can i get visa please" ones ;)
--
Mark Y-M
London