ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-Mismatch on Place of Birth

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

askoli_chao
Newly Registered

ILR-Mismatch on Place of Birth

Post by askoli_chao » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:48 pm

Hi Folks.

I have a mismatch on my PLACE OF BIRTH, between my current passport and British home office records. I have three passports, two old which are expired and one new and valid. The middle one was manually handwritten which I got from an overseas embassy, it got the wrong entry of place of birth . It was my active passport when applying for TIER 1 visa, so the home office records reflect the details in passport.

The new passport has the correct place of birth but does not match with Home office records as they reflect the wrong entry from my manual expired passport, though the last Tier 1 general visa extension was granted on the new active passport.

My embassy was not helpful clearing this issue nor they could issue a letter towards British home office for correction.

How much serious this issue could be? Is it worth notifying home office on this issue? What do you think would be remedy in this situation?

sunymalik

Re: ILR-Mismatch on Place of Birth

Post by sunymalik » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:15 am

Offcourse yes you should write a letter and explain the situation to HO.....otherwise your application will be refuse and deception will imposed 100%......

you need to sort this issue out before making an application if you can't write a letter or you dont know the format consult a solicitor...this is not an easy matter........never be too late