ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bus Lane Penalty During Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jpat2002

Bus Lane Penalty During Naturalisation

Post by jpat2002 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:56 pm

Hello Seniors
One of my friend applied for Naturalisation few weeks ago and now he's got Bus lane penalty notice. He paid 30£ straight away.Now he is wondering wether to inform UKBA or what to do..!!?
Please advice
Thank you very much for any advice..!!

Thanks
Jashbhai

devenpunjabi999
Newly Registered

Re: Bus Lane Penalty During Naturalisation

Post by devenpunjabi999 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:23 am

I am no senior but this has been discussed in lengths in other threads.

You friend got a PCN i assume, if yes, the answer is No - it should not affect the application and this does not need to be declared

From the FAQ section

A FPN (often given for minor motoring offences such as speeding) is not a conviction and will not be grounds for refusal unless the applicant has received numerous FPNs in the last 12 months. Therefore, you should wait until you have no more one FPN in the last 12 months before applying.

If you go to court for a FPN because you do not pay the fine or you challenge the FPN and the FPN is upheld (found guilty) this will then be classed as a conviction and may lead to (at a minimum) a refusal for 3 years.

Note: penalty charge notices and notices for disorder (PCN/PND) may be considered as a FPN for the purpose of ‘Good Character’ as per section 3.7 in form AN. However, a PCN/PND should have no bearing on the application unless PCNs/PNDs are numerous. There is no specific requirement to declare a PCN.