ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SouthDubliner1

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:25 pm

Deekay wrote:
SouthDubliner1 wrote:
Deekay wrote:Hi Southdubliner1

i am giving my understanding but i am not 100% sure :-)

i believe you are on stam 4 EUfem which is going to expire in jan 2017. you have applied for citizenship already. technically you must apply for long term residence ( PR) which will give you long term stay. LTR is processed within few months so you have visa to wait for citizenship application.

now as you did not do that so you need to apply again EU1 form as spouse of EU national and get 5 year EU fam stamp 4 again. so you have to do the same you did last time to get visa.
but you need to apply this to INIS EU treaty rights dept. they will get your application and will send you visa extension letter in few weeks. they also send the copy of same letter to GNIB.

Then you go to GNIB dublin 2 with this letter of extension on EU1 and GNIB will already have this info in their system that you may be coming. this way they will give you new visa

even if your citizenship is approved ( Which is not going to happen in next 4 months in your case ) you would still need valid GNIB card and legal permission to stay in ireland.

so if i would be in your place. i will apply EU1 application to INIS and extend my visa and update Citizenship dept once visa is approved. or there is till time to apply for LTR

i hope it will help a bit.
Hi Deekay,
Thanks for your reply, Yes i am on Stamp4 EUfam , for LTR they will object my application as my wife was not working and secondly it is not that easy as i know from few of my friends experience.
But what i am trying to find out is to get Stamp 4 based on Naturalized Irish Spouse , My wife got her Citizenship approved and will be in the Ceremony on September 19 and hopefully by the mid of October she will have her Irish Passport posted and i do Have Irish born child here. So by just going to GNIB office with her will i be given Stamp 4 as spouse of Irish Citizen ?
Thanks

Hi There.

No you will not get any visa just by going to GNIB counter. these cases are approved by INIS dept. cases are complicated many times this is the reason that officers are sitting at GNIB counter can not issue you any extension. so you need to apply EU 1 form same like you did last time and once its approved from INIS then you can go to GNIB to get next visa.
Thanks Deekay,
It's seem you are not getting my point i really don't want to go to the route of EU1 or long term for two Main reasons
1. My wife will NO MORE BE EU CITIZEN AFTER GETTING HER IRISH CITIZENSHIP IN SEPTEMBER (in a month time, she already denounce her citizenship from her country of origin)
2. My wife was too ill in last 5 years , initially she was studying finished her courses got her degree in Nursing , but last she didn't work since she became mom and i was also financially week had no insurance, If you know for EU1 or LTR the amount of document they want for last 5 years plus the time they take.

i found this from INIS website:

" A). If you are a non visa required national who has entered the State legally within the last 90 days or if you are a visa required national and you are within the period of permission to remain granted to you on arrival in the State (except short stay ‘c’ visas):, or if you have current permission to remain in the State on an alternative basis both you and your Irish national spouse/civil partner should attend at your local Garda National Immigration Bureau Registration office with the following documentation:
Your original marriage/civil partnership certificate
Your original passport
Your Irish spouse’s/civil partner’s original passport
Evidence of your joint address"

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP ... howtoapply

Even the INIS told me the same but when i call them last time they mention to apply to a Irish Spouse department, My understanding is that those who entered to Ireland illegally or without correct permission with their Irish spouse or have no documentation , then they have to apply to INIS in writing.
I hope you got my point ! why i am not interested in applying EU1 or LTR
Thanks

Deekay
BANNED

Post by Deekay » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:02 pm

Hi again.

i told you the normal procedure. if you did not live in ireland for 5 years already and you just came from another country then you can go to GNIB directly to ask them what is good in your case. i saw many people there who came from UK like this.

if you have already lived in ireland 5 years based on EU fem stamp 4 then you have to go with proper procedure. since you dont have all the doc this is why i said you need to apply again with EU 1 form. i asked this to my solicitor thats why telling you.

now i am not sure if you are spouse with irish citizen than there are some special privilege for you. but one think i know that you can apply citizenship after 3 years of living in ireland if you are spouse of irish national

thats what i know my friend. if you are still confuse i would say go to GNIB and tell them and also update us here

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:01 pm

explan a bit plz
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:25 pm

SouthDubliner1
To me wait for your wife passport for the irish one then follow domestic irish rules..then go to the gnib and a get normal extension its might gets bit messy u need to talk to supervisor if you face any complication and get ur normal extention well u dont need a long visa as you did apply for citizenship already ..
They might not ask for updates of ur visa for citizenship dept ..in the main hopefully u get ur approval for citizenship
jk

Regards
J.K

one2three

Post by one2three » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 pm

@southdubliner

If your EU spouse wasn't exercising her treaty rights for 5 years then to my understanding your residency was invalid, even though you had a stamp in your passport+ GNIB card but if your wife did not exercise her treaty rights in anyway then your stay here was illegal, therefor if your stay wasn't according to the law then your residency this way wont/shouldn't qualify you for naturalization.

According to my understanding Citizenship department may ask you your wife's documents regarding her exercising EU treaty rights.

would anyone agree with me here ?

no offense to anyone just my thoughts.

Thanks
I am because we are.

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:37 pm

one2three wrote:@southdubliner

If your EU spouse wasn't exercising her treaty rights for 5 years then to my understanding your residency was invalid, even though you had a stamp in your passport+ GNIB card but if your wife did not exercise her treaty rights in anyway then your stay here was illegal, therefor if your stay wasn't according to the law then your residency this way wont/shouldn't qualify you for naturalization.

According to my understanding Citizenship department may ask you your wife's documents regarding her exercising EU treaty rights.

Thanks
Dear My wife was doing her degree and was in education for three years got her degree at the time i got my first visa extended based on her education in Ireland, secondly she never left Ireland for more then couple of weeks. since after the birth of my son she got extremely ill due to the wrong medication here in hospital yes for last 2.5 years she was not working or studying but she was in the state NOT LIKE OTHER BOGUS MARRIAGES WHERE WIFE ISN'T HERE (No offence to anyone) , furthermore you are right the citizenship department do ask for activity of your spouse. they did asked my wife when she applied for naturalization as who is supporting her financially , i have giving my details and they did asked us to provide all medical records which was like over 600 pages.
with my Application all the activity of my wife was provided. Just for your Information , I have informed Eu treaty rights that my wife is not any more studying and is full time mom (at the time of my son's birth), i got a letter from them saying they have added my Irish born son's details in the System and activity of my Wife.
I never lied to the system and they know about my wife's activity, even two weeks ago i have informed them my wife's naturalization is approved and her activity in the state got a letter back from them confirming of the information they received. So for your kind information I AM NOT ILLEGAL AT ALL PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT WITHOUT KNOWING THE FULL STORY !
BY the way been to GNIB office this late afternoon ! I WAS TOLD ONCE MY WIFE GETS HER NATURALIZATION, I CAN DROP INTO THE GNIB OFFICE WITH THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS
- wife's Irish Passport
-Marriage certificate
- prove of address (for last 3 month) to prove living togather
- Birth cert of my Irish born child and passport if made.
- my own passport and existing Valid GNIB
an immigration officer will Extend my GNIB.

SO I DO REQUEST OVER HERE PLEASE DO KNOW THE STORY TO GIVE YOUR OPINION.
Thanks
LEGAL Resident of South Dublin :-)

one2three

Post by one2three » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:06 pm

SouthDubliner1 wrote:

Thanks
Dear My wife was doing her degree and was in education for three years got her degree at the time i got my first visa extended based on her education in Ireland, secondly she never left Ireland for more then couple of weeks. since after the birth of my son she got extremely ill due to the wrong medication here in hospital yes for last 2.5 years she was not working or studying but she was in the state NOT LIKE OTHER BOGUS MARRIAGES WHERE WIFE ISN'T HERE (No offence to anyone) , furthermore you are right the citizenship department do ask for activity of your spouse. they did asked my wife when she applied for naturalization as who is supporting her financially , i have giving my details and they did asked us to provide all medical records which was like over 600 pages.
with my Application all the activity of my wife was provided. Just for your Information , I have informed Eu treaty rights that my wife is not any more studying and is full time mom (at the time of my son's birth), i got a letter from them saying they have added my Irish born son's details in the System and activity of my Wife.
I never lied to the system and they know about my wife's activity, even two weeks ago i have informed them my wife's naturalization is approved and her activity in the state got a letter back from them confirming of the information they received. So for your kind information I AM NOT ILLEGAL AT ALL PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT WITHOUT KNOWING THE FULL STORY !
BY the way been to GNIB office this late afternoon ! I WAS TOLD ONCE MY WIFE GETS HER NATURALIZATION, I CAN DROP INTO THE GNIB OFFICE WITH THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS
- wife's Irish Passport
-Marriage certificate

Thanks

I am sorry if you took it personally but i was trying to discuss a general scenario and i am very sorry to know about your wife's condition and i hope she would get well soon, and who am i to judge you or anyone i never meant that.

And i am sure that once your wife gets her citizenship then you can go to GNIB office and get your passport stamped.

i apologize once again but i never meant to attack you or anyone else. :)
I am because we are.

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:21 pm

one2three wrote:
SouthDubliner1 wrote:

Thanks
- wife's Irish Passport
-Marriage certificate

Thanks

I am sorry if you took it personally but i was trying to discuss a general scenario and i am very sorry to know about your wife's condition and i hope she would get well soon, and who am i to judge you or anyone i never meant that.

And i am sure that once your wife gets her citizenship then you can go to GNIB office and get your passport stamped.

i apologize once again but i never meant to attack you or anyone else. :)
Thanks One2Three for your wishes and she is doing well, i didn't took that personally :-) and indeed sorry for my hard words, at the end of the day we are here to help others with the knowledge and personal experiences.
Yes, i will definitely go to GNIB once she gets her citizenship. i Note the name of the person i spoke so i hope they will not change their words LOL , i lived here for almost 13 years and in my personal experience each time you will get a different answer , this is really an unfortunate to all of us who live here on mercy of Immigration officers.
So, any one in similar situation as mine can get Stamp 4 by visiting to their local GNIB office BUT on condition that you are living in Ireland on a Valid Visa (Not C type which is Visit), it can be Student , Permit or even EuFam.
yes, i will definitely share once i get response from naturalization department about my application i pray , hope and wish that i get no objection as i am now toooo tired of dealing with immigration in Ireland and even thinking that i have to extend my visa and queuing to the GNIB office make me Sick OHHH Lord please get my citizenship approved soon ! :-)
once again Thanks one2three thanks for your reply and sorry from my end as well :-)

rgirish

Post by rgirish » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:58 am

@SouthDubliner1

Dont worry about anything chief you have been living and paying tax here from 13 years. You are certainly legal. You have applied for the passport and you will get an answer in a few months time. Meanwhile if your visa will expire before you get your passport, go to GNIB window and get 3 years visa on the basis of Zambrano rules of EU born child.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP16000113

There is no need for solicitor or anything. Stay firm and solid you have been living and paying tax. Your life, wife, family and everything is in Ireland.

cheers man

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:25 am

rgirish wrote:@SouthDubliner1

Dont worry about anything chief you have been living and paying tax here from 13 years. You are certainly legal. You have applied for the passport and you will get an answer in a few months time. Meanwhile if your visa will expire before you get your passport, go to GNIB window and get 3 years visa on the basis of Zambrano rules of EU born child.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP16000113

There is no need for solicitor or anything. Stay firm and solid you have been living and paying tax. Your life, wife, family and everything is in Ireland.

cheers man
Thanks rgirish for your suggestion and clarity, i will definitely go to this option but i will wait and see for 2 months may be they will make the decision on my naturalization application, i heard from some resources that the next citizenship ceremony will be in GMIT or Cork first week of December, it can be rumor.

Yes it's been long 13 years (soon 14 in two months time), i did 2 degrees and two Masters during my stay, all from TCD and UCD , never been engaged with any criminal activity indeed was involved heavily in many Charity organisation did a lot of volunteer work, Never been a recipient of any social benefits (except child benefit for my son) and for last 6 years had a professional job (highly skilled).
I still remember i did my first shave in Ireland :-) was too young 17 years of age and i have integrated in this country soo much that i don't feel that i am not Irish (except in Airports, when going through Immigration officer for Non EU :-) )
Can't wait to be citizen of this great country where my family live peacefully. I hope the Naturalization department do consider all of those when making decisions and i hope my file be dealt with some one who is good and take those all in consideration.
Best of luck to all who are waiting for their decisions !

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:02 pm

Hi all
I sent an email yesterday and there response was

Please note that your application for naturalisation is being prepared for
submission to the Minister. If further documentation and/or clarification
of any matter related to your application is required from you, we will
write to you requesting it. Otherwise, you will receive a letter in due
course informing you of the Minister’s decision on your application.

Regards

Niall O'Callaghan
Citizenship Division

Anyone knw what this means is it good new? Does this mean I'm at advanced stage? Or is it just an other way of saying application continues to be processed?
Thanks

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:20 pm

Cz2015
seems like you gonna get the approval coming days.. if u cant take this oath on 19th u prob going to join next one before December...
jk

Regards
J.K

SouthDubliner1

Post by SouthDubliner1 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:36 pm

Cz2015
when did you applied ? i mean your timeline and on what bases ?
To me it is just pending to Minister to sign your approval , i hope and wish you get it soon bro and be the part of the coming ceremony on Sept
Wish you luck

regards
SouthDubliner

saad786

Post by saad786 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Dear All,

I have the following timeline of applying for the naturalisation. My application is based on 3 years marriage with an Irish citizen (although I am here 9 years myself).

- I have applied for the naturalisation in early June.

- I was than requested an additional document by the department with an acknowledgement letter by the end of June.

- I submitted the document and got the reply on 7th July stating that all my documentation is complete and if there is a requirement they'll request more from me. Otherwise the case will be submitted to the minister for the decision.

I want to know if there are other people who applied starting June and had the same timeline? Or did somebody got the reply from the citizenship department stating his/her case is submitted to the minister? I want to analyze if there are cases that are submitted to the minister already that were submitted in June 2016?

Best of luck to all who are waiting and congrats to all who already got the work done.
Saad

dad12345

Post by dad12345 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:58 am

saad786 wrote:Dear All,

I have the following timeline of applying for the naturalisation. My application is based on 3 years marriage with an Irish citizen (although I am here 9 years myself).

- I have applied for the naturalisation in early June.

- I was than requested an additional document by the department with an acknowledgement letter by the end of June.

- I submitted the document and got the reply on 7th July stating that all my documentation is complete and if there is a requirement they'll request more from me. Otherwise the case will be submitted to the minister for the decision.

I want to know if there are other people who applied starting June and had the same timeline? Or did somebody got the reply from the citizenship department stating his/her case is submitted to the minister? I want to analyze if there are cases that are submitted to the minister already that were submitted in June 2016?

Best of luck to all who are waiting and congrats to all who already got the work done.
Saad

You can consider yourself very lucky

I applied 1st week of March and all documents sent but apparently still with the initial processing team, nearly 6 months by now and I have not received a letter saying 2nd stage or final decision.

saad786

Post by saad786 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:01 pm

Dear all,
I sent an email to the citizenship department since they are not picking up the phone. So got a very standard reply from them as follows,

Your application continues to be processed. While it is not possible to
give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision
has been reached.

Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Citizenship Division

Does everybody getting the same kind of reply who applied in the month of June? Does it mean that my application is pending for decision only? I am kind of confused here. Anybody who applied in the Month of June and got reply stating "submitted to the minister".

Many thanks in advance,
Saad

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:27 pm

well if u did apply on June your application normal time did not exceed yet.
Seems like its a a process did not reveal much..
whats your time frame can you please share?
J_K

Regards
J.K

saad786

Post by saad786 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:58 pm

@j_karim

my timeline is

Applied 2nd June (spouse of Irish national with three years residence)
Got initial letter (draft slip with additional document request by the end of June)
submitted additional document the same day when got the letter
Got letter that all documentation for the time being is complete on 7th July if required more documentation will contact me

This month I sent them emails to get to know if there is any update and got the standard "continue to be processed" reply twice.

when did you apply? please share your timeline.
Thanks
Saad

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:34 pm

usually its quicker if u are married to irish citizen.
If u are very lucky u should get ur approval for the coming ceremony if not you gonna have the next one.
i mailed to citizenship ceremony they said they have another oath before december.
Nothing to worry of give it at least pure 6 month and wait for the out come.
Jk

Regards
J.K

adublin
Ireland

Post by adublin » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:32 am

(Stamp 4 eufam)
Application posted: 09/December/2015
1st letter: 06/January/2016
2nd letter with approval: 26/June/2016
Ceremony Invitation on: 19/September/2016

May peace, mercy and blessings of God Almighty be on us all.
India

mick2109
Newly Registered

Post by mick2109 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:09 am

saad786 wrote:Dear all,
I sent an email to the citizenship department since they are not picking up the phone. So got a very standard reply from them as follows,

Your application continues to be processed. While it is not possible to
give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision
has been reached.

Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Citizenship Division

Does everybody getting the same kind of reply who applied in the month of June? Does it mean that my application is pending for decision only? I am kind of confused here. Anybody who applied in the Month of June and got reply stating "submitted to the minister".

Many thanks in advance,
Saad
hey buddy u getting same email since june i applied sep and since jan 2016 i get same email buddy then u dont need to worry i am same situation like u buddy

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:48 am

hi all i think once you main with ref no if the person go and check properly then they mail whats the updates is or else if the being lazy just send forward email to all means still in a process..
it depends who you dealing with
j+k

Regards
J.K

saad786

Post by saad786 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:30 pm

@adublin
congrates mate...

@j_karim
thats true mate... it varies from person to person... I have seen people getting email stating with a relatively better indicators where their application is at present in the process... But sometimes as you mentioned they are lazy enough to just forward the same email just changing the name only!!!..

I wish all the best who applied recently and waiting for the reply from the citizenship office...

@all
just want to ask if anyone managed to talk to the citizenship people in the last few months since they aren't picking up the phone at all....

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:57 pm

@adublin

they are not picking any phone all they do answering mail..
one guy name tony he really back to me few times with a proper explanation
like you said not all same there..honestly its too many calls i cant blame them eigther..
if u get lucky u get a proper updates

plz share

Regards
J.K

koded

Post by koded » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:00 pm

Hi All,

Just a quick question, Do one has to go to the ceremony with someone or is it optional?. Thanks.