ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit expire before apply Resident Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mayakanon
Newly Registered

EEA Family permit expire before apply Resident Card

Post by mayakanon » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:48 pm

1.Is there any obligation to apply for EEA resident card before the expiry of EEA Family permit?
2. My EEA Family permit has expired before I apply for the Resident Card. Is there any chance to refuse my resident card for so as I applied for the Resident Card after my EEA family permit expire?
3. Should I need to explain in written with application why I apply for Resident Card after EEA family permit expire?

Please help me......

noajthan

Re: EEA Family permit expire before apply Resident Card

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:04 pm

mayakanon wrote:1.Is there any obligation to apply for EEA resident card before the expiry of EEA Family permit?
2. My EEA Family permit has expired before I apply for the Resident Card. Is there any chance to refuse my resident card for so as I applied for the Resident Card after my EEA family permit expire?
3. Should I need to explain in written with application why I apply for Resident Card after EEA family permit expire?

Please help me......
Are you a FM or EFM (married or unmarried) dependent of your sponsor?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mayakanon
Newly Registered

Post by mayakanon » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:35 pm

I am Indian citizen and my spouse is Czech citizen. MY spouse is the sponsor for my Resident card. Currently we are in UK. We are processing some documents but in the mean time, my EEA Family permit has expired. So I am afraid if there is any problem now to apply for Resident card for that.

mayakanon
Newly Registered

Post by mayakanon » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:36 pm

noajthan wrote:
mayakanon wrote:1.Is there any obligation to apply for EEA resident card before the expiry of EEA Family permit?

Please help me......
Are you a FM or EFM (married or unmarried) dependent of your sponsor?
I am Indian citizen and my spouse is Czech citizen. MY spouse is the sponsor for my Resident card. Currently we are in UK. We are processing some documents but in the mean time, my EEA Family permit has expired. So I am afraid if there is any problem now to apply for Resident card for that.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:38 pm

mayakanon wrote:I am Indian citizen and my spouse is Czech citizen. MY spouse is the sponsor for my Resident card. Currently we are in UK. We are processing some documents but in the mean time, my EEA Family permit has expired. So I am afraid if there is any problem now to apply for Resident card for that.
RC is optional in your case (spouse).
Although it may help you if you seek work, or to rent a flat etc.

No issue if FP has expired so long as spouse is a qualified person (exercising treaty rights).

1) No.
2) No (not for that reason).
3) No need.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mayakanon
Newly Registered

Post by mayakanon » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:16 am

noajthan wrote:
mayakanon wrote:I am Indian citizen and my spouse is Czech citizen. MY spouse is the sponsor for my Resident card. Currently we are in UK. We are processing some documents but in the mean time, my EEA Family permit has expired. So I am afraid if there is any problem now to apply for Resident card for that.
RC is optional in your case (spouse).
Although it may help you if you seek work, or to rent a flat etc.

No issue if FP has expired so long as spouse is a qualified person (exercising treaty rights).

1) No.
2) No (not for that reason).
3) No need.
Thank you so much for your answer.