ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do Premium applications get premium service if more need mor

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

beckhamh
Newly Registered

Do Premium applications get premium service if more need mor

Post by beckhamh » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:03 pm

Do Premium applications get premium service if more need more documents?

I recently made an application for FLR (M) at Solihull on 25th July 2016 using premium services. The Decision could not be made on the same day as case worker requested for more documents. In response to the request, the required documents were posted to Solihull on 28th July 2013 via royal mail special delivery. Royal mail confirmed the delivery on 29th July 2016 9:15am to Solihull.

My and My wife's passport and documents are being held at UKBA and with no information on the progress/estimated date for a decision, i am a little concerned about my travel abroad at the end of this month. This was one of the reasons I opted for a premium service.

I have the following Queries:

1.As I had opted for a premium service where the decision would be made on the same day, i haven't had at least an acknowledgement that the documents has been received and that the case is being looked at. Does my application still get a premium service?Or will it process as normal post application?

2.How long does it typically take to make a decision on this kind of submission?Anyone got the same situation like me before?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Do Premium applications get premium service if more need

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:06 pm

If an application submitted at the PSC isn't decided on the day it will join the postal queue...at the premium fee.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:19 pm

In my experience, they don't always deal with premium applications were further documents were requested as postal application. It goes to the caseworker who requested the missing document.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

beckhamh
Newly Registered

Post by beckhamh » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:42 pm

Casa wrote:If an application submitted at the PSC isn't decided on the day it will join the postal queue...at the premium fee.
Thanks Casa. Is that mean I have to wait 2 months for the the visa even I have paid the premium fee? :( :(
Last edited by beckhamh on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beckhamh
Newly Registered

Post by beckhamh » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:44 pm

Obie wrote:In my experience, they don't always deal with premium applications were further documents were requested as postal application. It goes to the caseworker who requested the missing document.
Thanks, Obie. So.....it really depends on the caseworker? If the caseworker get my further documents and finish it in a month, I......faint........ :cry: :cry:

beckhamh
Newly Registered

Post by beckhamh » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:15 pm

Casa wrote:If an application submitted at the PSC isn't decided on the day it will join the postal queue...at the premium fee.
Hi, casa,

I am coming for some update.

19Aug, I received all documents and a visa granted letter. However, I am still waiting the BRP card and that makes me to have to cancel the filght on 20Aug anyway. It is still a good news after all. It really depends on the caseworker. So,the premium fee does help a little bit. :D

Jatpunjabi
Pakistan

Post by Jatpunjabi » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:09 am

Congratulations. These applications are treated differently than normal postal applications. Remember you are sending the extra documents requested to the Premium centre itself (Solihull in your case) rather than to the Home Office (Durham) where postal applications are posted to. You therefore are not put in the postal application queue.

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:13 pm

yes we do understand that the premium service gets processed more quicker etc but
can i ask politely why do people pay so much extra money for the premium service
when the cheaper postal service will also do the job ? what other reasons are there ?
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:32 pm

SAMISPOUSAL wrote:yes we do understand that the premium service gets processed more quicker etc but can i ask politely why do people pay so much extra money for the premium service when the cheaper postal service will also do the job ? what other reasons are there ?
Your visa/leave to remain is granted/renewed same day if the papers are in order. That helps reduce uncertainty for people.

Also, with premium service, as you are in the same room as the caseworker, if s/he has any questions/issues, s/he can speak to you directly and resolve queries faster.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Jatpunjabi wrote:Congratulations. These applications are treated differently than normal postal applications. Remember you are sending the extra documents requested to the Premium centre itself (Solihull in your case) rather than to the Home Office (Durham) where postal applications are posted to. You therefore are not put in the postal application queue.
In principle you would expect it but this is not necessarily the case. I remeber reading someone on here applied through premium service, everything was in order, all docs present etc..., only issue was that the applicant was informed the English test couldn't be verified on the day and he would hear back. It was 3 months later when he heard back and got his approval. Wanted to know if he could get a refund as his application was treated as a postal one.
SAMISPOUSAL wrote:yes we do understand that the premium service gets processed more quicker etc but
can i ask politely why do people pay so much extra money for the premium service
Main reason is same day decison. When I applied for my other half's application using premium service, the approval decision was made in less than 2 hours. Normally a 3 month wait if I applied by post.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:34 pm

beckhamh wrote:Do Premium applications get premium service if more need more documents?

I recently made an application for FLR (M) at Solihull on 25th July 2016 using premium services. The Decision could not be made on the same day as case worker requested for more documents...
If using a premium service, i've always advised people to take every single document they have (whether it is relevant or not) with them even if they don't plan to submit such documents. In such cases, if further documents is required, you have a higher chance of having the required document with you to provide at the premium centre.

When I went for my other halfs appliation, I had 3 folders:

1. The completed application form itself.
2. All supporting documents with photocopies.
3. Everthing else (all documents regardless of whether they are needed or not). This was a big bundle of documents arranged in chronological order.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided