ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SELT no. for old style IELTS test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Saga

SELT no. for old style IELTS test

Post by Saga » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:44 pm

Hello,

I had my test in 2013 and there is no SELT UER on it.

Only number I can find are:- Centre, Candidate, and Test Report Form number

I am guessing it should be the last one. Is this correct or is there a way to call them up and get it?

Thanks

WR1

Re: SELT no. for old style IELTS test

Post by WR1 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:54 pm

There is no SELT number for an old IELTS.

SELT was introduced on 6 April 2015 and any tests prior to that date will not have one.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Saga

Post by Saga » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:17 pm

Thanks WR1.

Guess I will use the TRF then.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:48 pm

Saga wrote:Thanks WR1.

Guess I will use the TRF then.
Are you applying for BC based on using English for ILR in 2013.

If so, what date did you apply for ILR. If after 28 October 2013, then you need to tick the correct option in the application form when applying. Use the "Met the lanuage for ILR applied after 28 October 2013 option".

Do not use an incorrect number to SELT if you do not have one as it could lead to a refusal. You are not taking the SELT route.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Saga

Post by Saga » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:31 pm

Thanks WR1 for your reply.

I took the IELTS on 28th Oct. 2013 and used that for my ILR.

I got my ILR in June 2015.

I thought the "Met the lanuage for ILR applied after 28 October 2013 option" is for language only and my IELTS was before that 28th Oct. 2013.

Which option should I use?

Isn't sec. 1.23 compulsory to fill ?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:59 am

If you read the AN form carfeully, it gives you option as to how you satisfy the English requirement. The first option for having English B1 is:
I have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, that is on the Home Office’s list of recognised tests and was taken at an approved test centre (Go to question 1.23)
Your qualification is no longer on the current list of approved tests. These are qualifications taken after 6 April 2015 and will have a unqiue SELT number. you do not fall into this cetegory.
Or
I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;
This is the option you need. The relevance is not when you have taken the IELTS, but when you applied for ILR as long as it was after 28 October 2013 which seems to be your case as you obtained ILR in June 2015.

Section 1.23 is only for those that used the first option above. You will leave this section blank.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:02 am

Think of the form as a kind of English test and the reason for proof of English being required - in order to deal with the authorities.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Saga

Post by Saga » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:09 pm

Thanks all for your replies.