ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sayararai
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by Sayararai » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:08 am

Hi guys,
I still havent had an approval for my naturalisation application that was made in november 2015. I contacted HO and my caseworker called me back saying its still in process. I didnt recieve any letter via post or email regarding my application being delayed.
Anybody in same boat as me? Its really stressing me out.

holaiker

Post by holaiker » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:14 pm

Hi, has your application been approved ?
Sarank77 wrote:Hi,

Applied on - 16/03/2016
1st Biometric request on 05/03/2016(Dated 03/MAy)
Biometric done on - 06/May/2016
2nd Biometric request on 07/03/2016(Dated 03/MAy)
Went to the Post office with both the letters and asked, whether the biometric is required or not. But they are not sure, So I proceeded with Second Biometric on 10/May/2016...

Is it fine to give multiple biometrics and did any one encountered the same?.

Thanks,

alwphan
Newly Registered

Post by alwphan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:10 pm

Hi everyone,

So, I'm an idiot and didn't use the NCS, just did a postal application and sent all my documents in with my application. I've now received my approval letter (6 days ago) but no documents back yet.

At what point are documents usually returned? Do they not send them with the approval letter?

To complicate matters, I have moved house since making the application, so the special delivery envelope I sent to have the documents returned was to my old address. I have a mail re-direction in place, so it should be forwarded, but 6 days seems too long if they were sent at the same time as the approval letter. The approval letter was sent directly to the new address.

Trying not to panic...

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:24 pm

Hi

I've received ceremony invitation from Essex county council Chelmsford for 21 Sep but I live in Redbridge borough. I want to find out can I change the council for my ceremony. Also date is far away and for private ceremony they are charging £130 where Redbridge only charge £54.

Anyone had this situation where they have send to different council.

Thanks
Ali

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:00 pm

Hi

If you have send special delivery return envelop you can track to see if they have sent it back. And if you have updated your new address in HO they should return documents to your new address. I think they sent documents before approval letter. You can contact HO to find out.

Good luck
alwphan wrote:Hi everyone,

So, I'm an idiot and didn't use the NCS, just did a postal application and sent all my documents in with my application. I've now received my approval letter (6 days ago) but no documents back yet.

At what point are documents usually returned? Do they not send them with the approval letter?

To complicate matters, I have moved house since making the application, so the special delivery envelope I sent to have the documents returned was to my old address. I have a mail re-direction in place, so it should be forwarded, but 6 days seems too long if they were sent at the same time as the approval letter. The approval letter was sent directly to the new address.

Trying not to panic...

hapoo

Post by hapoo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:14 am

congratulation

i send you PM message can u reply please

thanks
Allesheikh wrote:Hi

I've received ceremony invitation from Essex county council Chelmsford for 21 Sep but I live in Redbridge borough. I want to find out can I change the council for my ceremony. Also date is far away and for private ceremony they are charging £130 where Redbridge only charge £54.

Thanks
Ali

malik15

Post by malik15 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:39 pm

Sayararai wrote:Hi guys,
I still havent had an approval for my naturalisation application that was made in november 2015. I contacted HO and my caseworker called me back saying its still in process. I didnt recieve any letter via post or email regarding my application being delayed.
Anybody in same boat as me? Its really stressing me out.
I'm waiting since August last year!

malik15

Post by malik15 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:40 pm

Allesheikh wrote:Hi

Thanks
Ali
When did you apply?

nill5
Newly Registered

Post by nill5 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:13 pm

I am getting little worried about my application as I applied back in May and still no news! Having looked at the forum, people who applied after me got their approvals. Hmmm...

Eligibility criteria: 12 years ILR
Language criteria met: Life in the UK Test + UK Degree
Nationality:
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 16 May 16
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 17 May (Online tracking)
Date of acknowledgement: TBC
Date money gone off account: TBC
Date of letter requesting biometrics: TBC
Biometrics done: TBC
Date of approval: TBC
Date of ceremony: TBC
Date applied for passports: TBC
Date passports received: TBC
nil5 Newly Registered Posts: 1Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 9:18 pm

Benji_182
inactive
United States of America

Post by Benji_182 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:33 am

Hi Everyone!

Im currently away from home but i do believe I got something back from them (HO). I need to go and collect it from the local depot. that needs signature etc. I have a strong feeling this is my paperwork back.

What exactly happens once you have sent it? In what way it happens after?

Do they send it back with approval latter? Do they send the paperwork back first then the letter and then invitation ? Whats the exact process?

If they have sent me the paperwork back, does this mean I got refused cuz i have meant to get approval letter first?

Can someone just describe exact process after?

Thank you!! :)

Please advise as I'm supper stressed!!

Selfie
Newly Registered

Post by Selfie » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:03 pm

Hi everyone

I should send my naturalization application in Jan/2017, but someone told me that I can
complete my application using the NCS and keep it with them some thing up to 3 months before
the date I have to send my application to the HO, so that means I can do it in November, and then
the NCS themselves will post it on the due date when time comes in Jan/2017.

I asked another one, and he told me no way for 3 months, but 2 weeks is fine, cuz he did it
when he sent his application last year!

Wondering if this is correct, and has any one done it before?

Please post back if you are aware of such a thing.

Many thanks guys in advance.

Selfie
Last edited by Selfie on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:05 pm

Selfie wrote:Hi everyone

I should send my naturalization application in Jan/2017, but someone told me that I can
complete my application using the NCS and keep it with them some thing up to 3 months before
the date I have to send my application to the HO, so that means I can do it in November, and then
the NCS themselves will post it on the due date when time comes in Jan/2017.

I asked another one, and he told me no way for 3 months, but 2 weeks is fine, cuz he did it
when he sent his application last year!

Wondering if this is correct, and has any one done it before?

Please post back if are ware of such a thing.

Many thanks guys in advance.

Selfie
Date of appointment at NCS is considered date of submission of application.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:16 pm

noajthan is correct.

Previously the date received from the NCS by the Home Office. Now the date the application is submitted at the NCS.

If applying by post, the date the Home Office receive it.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Selfie
Newly Registered

Post by Selfie » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:39 pm

thanks nojathan and Casa.

So, this means I've got to have my application checked by the NCS on the date I have to submit
it to the HO, and post it on the same day or after? right?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:19 am

Selfie wrote:thanks nojathan and Casa.

So, this means I've got to have my application checked by the NCS on the date I have to submit
it to the HO, and post it on the same day or after? right?
NCS will check on the day you can get an appointment (not always the date you want), then NCS post it for you same day (if before 2pm post collection) or next day (after 2pm).

Selfie
Newly Registered

Post by Selfie » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:33 pm

Thanks alterhase58.

I think I'm now clearer on the process.

Cheers guys

renifer
Newly Registered

Post by renifer » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:02 pm

nill5 wrote:I am getting little worried about my application as I applied back in May and still no news! Having looked at the forum, people who applied after me got their approvals. Hmmm...
It's been 6 months since I applied and 5.5 months since I provided biometric information. Have not heard a single thing. A bit worried now, my applications is really straightforward as far as I can see.. (EEA citizen) :shock:

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:07 pm

renifer wrote:
It's been 6 months since I applied and 5.5 months since I provided biometric information. Have not heard a single thing. A bit worried now, my applications is really straightforward as far as I can see.. (EEA citizen) :shock:
Doesn't mean a thing either way.
HO moves in mysterious ways.

Keep calm and carry on waiting.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:48 am

Any update from people waiting since last year? I applied in Aug 15 still no decision.

West1234
Newly Registered

Post by West1234 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:18 am

Hi,

I am 19 and a student in the UK, in my second year of University.
I haved in the U.K since 2001 and I have had my IDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN since 2008.
I left the country to help one of my sick relatives with my mother on the 29 September 2011 and cameback to the UK on the 5 December 2012, I was out the country for 432 Days in total for the past 15 years.

PROMBLEM 1: I am apply for my Naturalisation and plan on sending it in September 2017, but there is a part that states that you must be in the UK 5 years ago from the date that application form is recieved.

I was just wondering if they mean that you must have been leaving in the country for more then 5 years or you have to be in the country at that exact date even if you've been living in the UK for 10 years at that time and had you Indfinte leave to Remain for 3 years at that time??

If its the case of me having to be there physicaly does that mean i should wait another year to apply, meaning im going to have to pay an even higher price then it already is?

PROMBLEM 2 : I have indfinte leave to remain but I have not applied to get the Biometrice Permit since at that time when i recieved my ILR they were not issuing them out, Is this a must for me to get the Biometric Permit as soon as possible? And does that mean I have to wait after recieving my Biometric Permit.

Thank you,

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:30 am

Answered in original thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Benji_182
inactive
United States of America

Post by Benji_182 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:00 pm

Hi guys?

How long does it take for invitation latter to arrive after you got your paperwork back long with approval letter from HO?

I got back paperwork and approval letter with delivery date of 28/06/2016 (picked up on 1/09/2016 due to missed delivery from the local post office depot)

Im still yet to receive invitation latter for ceremony - we have now 3 sept. anyone knows typical timescales or can share normally how long does it take?

Some people post on timelines that they booked ceremony just few days after getting approval letter?

Can someone shed some light on this?

Thank you,

Benji! :)

bonhomie13
Newly Registered

Post by bonhomie13 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:28 pm

Hello all,

I got a letter from the council saying that my ceremony date is scheduled for 14th September but I am yet to receive my approval letter from the home office. Is this a common occurence or do I need to talk to the home office as a matter of urgency? Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Bonhomie13

elwael
Newly Registered

Post by elwael » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:17 pm

hello all,

I need your advice. I have moved to UK in Feb 2011 having employment contract. I am from A8 EEA countries.My employer did not advice me about WRS and I haven't registered as had no idea about it. As a result I was working 3 months without registration.
I successfully received my PR based on 5 years this August and planning to apply for Citizenship through naturalization.
I am completing my 6 years in February 2017. Now the questions is :
Would I be able to apply from February 2017 or it is better to wait until 1st May 2017 ( as WRS stopped working 31st April 2011 if I am not wrong)?
Also do I have to make application exactly on the day or can send it earlier?

Let me know your thoughts please.

kind regards,

kmyousafzai
Newly Registered

Post by kmyousafzai » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:45 pm

Naturalization as British Citizen ;

i got my ILR last year july 2015 , however i would like to apply for Naturalization , i am living in UK since 2004 and worked with many companies , but according AN Guide -June 2016 Book let.

1.48- 1.50 You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made
for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. To support this
claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering the relevant period, or a
letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for them, from the start
and finish date.

Does any one know this section is mandatory , if yes , so if we can't find p60 from last 10 years ,
so there is any alternative option, and there is any option where we can get data from HM Revenue ,

Thanks