ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discretionary Leave, Form-T, SET(O) Fee Waiver

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Faisal Hussain
Newly Registered

Discretionary Leave, Form-T, SET(O) Fee Waiver

Post by Faisal Hussain » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:54 pm

Dear immigration board members and advisors,

First of all thank you to all contributing to this wonderful forum.

I’m looking for some information regarding following:

We were granted limited leave to remain in accordance with principles set out in the Home Office policy Instruction on Discretionary Leave. On the decision letter it says that, “a person will not became eligible for settlement until they have completed 6 years of Discretionary Leave”.

My question is, can we apply for ILR after six years from the date of 1st DL granted or do we need to apply 28 days before expiry of 2nd DL?

Please note HO took around 3 months to grant 2nd DL, so at the time of expiry of 2nd DL the total time will be 6 years and 3 months.

Is there any fee waiver form / policy for Form Set(O) for children under 18 apply for ILR after 6 years of DL ?

When do I need to fill Form-T for my son, turning 10 in two months time, born & lived in the UK, after 10th birthday or 28 days before 10th birthday?

Will appreciate detailed response.

All the best to all.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Discretionary Leave, Form-T, SET(O) Fee Waiver

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:46 am

There is no fee waiver for Set O.

You apply 6 years from the date of first issue, provideo your last renewal was in time.

Form T can be filled anytime after 10 years residence.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Faisal Hussain
Newly Registered

Re: Discretionary Leave, Form-T, SET(O) Fee Waiver

Post by Faisal Hussain » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:43 pm

@Obie Thanks for your response.

Further to clarify...
First DL was granted on 15 August 2011.
Renewal application for 2nd DL (extension) was in time (28 days before expiry of 1st DL).
HO took around 3 months to decide and granted 2nd DL (3 yrs duration) expiring in 2017.

So on what date should we apply for ILR (using Form SET(O)) ? 15 August 2017 ?

Many thanks