ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake on surrender certificate

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Mistake on surrender certificate

Post by tulipz » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:32 pm

Hi all,
"Date of issue of foreign passport" is wrong on my surrender certificate.

Can someone advice - do I have to get this corrected or shall I apply for OCI directly? I will anyway be submitting my foreign passport copy with OCI application right?

VFS duffers - they do nothing without problems !

rmukherjee
United Kingdom

Re: Mistake on surrender certificate

Post by rmukherjee » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:16 am

tulipz wrote:Hi all,
"Date of issue of foreign passport" is wrong on my surrender certificate.

Can someone advice - do I have to get this corrected or shall I apply for OCI directly? I will anyway be submitting my foreign passport copy with OCI application right?

VFS duffers - they do nothing without problems !
It's unlikely VFS had anything to do with this mistake. They gave all the documents / photocopies to the High Commission and the HC made a mistake. I think it's best to call up your HC and give them the file number (reference number) ask them for a replacement - especially if they can just send the right form to you. At worst they'll tell you to submit the incorrect form to VFS again with a written request for a replacement.

(London HC numbers are on this page)