ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

References Full Name Question for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kaba

References Full Name Question for Naturalisation

Post by Kaba » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:32 pm

Hi guys,

This might me a simple question to you, but I couldn't find an answer online.

I am about to apply for naturalisation and one of my references signed as "Dr" before his first and last name. Obviously he has completed phd studies in the UK.

My question is if the "Dr" title is acceptable or if he should have signed just with his first and last name? I still have a few days to sort it out :).

Thanks again,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: References Full Name Question for Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:46 pm

It should make no difference.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kaba

Post by Kaba » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:49 pm

Thanks again CR001,

And do you recon that it doesn't matter if some letters are outside the boxes? The reason why I am asking is because when somebody applies for a UK passport, it clearly says that all letters should be within the boxes. Do you think the same thing applies for the naturalisation application? I am not talking about the signature box.

Thanks again.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:53 pm

I could not find medical doctors in the list of professionals who can be used as a referee for naturalisation application . Are u using this person as a professional referee? Is he a medical professional or a phd ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:58 am

crimson76 wrote:I could not find medical doctors in the list of professionals who can be used as a referee for naturalisation application . Are u using this person as a professional referee? Is he a medical professional or a phd ?
The OP has clearly stated it is a person with a PHD. :?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kaba

Post by Kaba » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:53 am

Hi guys,

It is an engineer with a phd, hence he is a "Dr" :).

Something else that is concerning me as well. You know when I went to my references to sign, they wrote their details down quickly, which means that some letters are outside the boxes. When applying for a passport it clearly says that letters should be within the boxes. Does the same apply for the naturalisation application?

Thanks again

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:59 am

Referees are not routinely contacted.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Kaba

Post by Kaba » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:06 pm

Hi noajthan,

I am bit confused. I am concerned that the letters that my references wrote down, are outside the boxes. Do you think this is a big deal? The signature is within the box though, but details like their address is slightly outside the box.

Thanks.