ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non-eea PR with special case

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

koagiri02
United Kingdom

non-eea PR with special case

Post by koagiri02 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:58 pm

hello everyone,
I am non-eea with resident card expiring next week and i need your urgent advice.
I got my RC as extended family member, my eea cousine is french and lives in manchester while i stay in london. my eea sponsor has not been working because she was having baving babies (2) in the last 5 yrs.
I non-eea have got a family of my own with 3 kids and partner, they all are british now (my kids and partner)
Can i still apply for PR with my eea sponsor (cousine)which am suppose to depend upon according to my RC.
i can furnish with more information if needed
thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: non-eea PR with special case

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:03 pm

You have two major problems
1. You are no longer dependent on your EEA cousin
2. She isn't exercising her Treaty rights.

Even if she claims self-sufficiency with Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for the last 5 years, you don't appear to genuinely be her dependent as
1. You don't live in her household
2. You have a family of your own
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

koagiri02
United Kingdom

Post by koagiri02 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:13 pm

thanks for the quick responce
pls,what option is best for me to extend my stay (FLR)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:20 pm

You can't apply for FLR as you aren't here under the UK Immigration Rules. I'm going to leave this for others to suggest a solution, as I can't think of the best way forward at present.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

koagiri02
United Kingdom

Post by koagiri02 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:55 pm

i was thinking of FLR (FP)
I ve got 3 kids (biologically mine with proofs) and a partner, all british

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:36 pm

koagiri02 wrote:hello everyone,
I am non-eea with resident card expiring next week and i need your urgent advice.
I got my RC as extended family member, my eea cousine is french and lives in manchester while i stay in london. my eea sponsor has not been working because she was having baving babies (2) in the last 5 yrs.
I non-eea have got a family of my own with 3 kids and partner, they all are british now (my kids and partner)
Can i still apply for PR with my eea sponsor (cousine)which am suppose to depend upon according to my RC.
i can furnish with more information if needed
thanks
You appear to have no grounds to reside and work; that RC is not a visa. It seems it was out of date as soon as it was issued.

You are evidently not dependent on coz nor a member of her household.
Coz does not appear to be a qp.
So no PR has been acquired. And no time to acquire it now.

You may have a derivative right of some sort via kids but it won't lead to settled status.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:14 am

Casa wrote:You can't apply for FLR as you aren't here under the UK Immigration Rules.
Casa's source must be out of date. (Not being in breach of the immigration rules can sometimes substitute for having leave to remain, but it is not a universal principle.)

Limited leave to remain as a partner seems to be the most obvious route.

The most obvious relevant Immigration Rules are E-LTRP.2.1 and E-LTRP.2.2 in Appendix FM of the rules:
E-LTRP.2.1. The applicant must not be in the UK-

(a) as a visitor; or
(b) with valid leave granted for a period of 6 months or less, unless that leave is as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, or was granted pending the outcome of family court or divorce proceedings

E-LTRP.2.2. The applicant must not be in the UK –

(a) on temporary admission or temporary release, unless:
(i) the Secretary of State is satisfied that the applicant arrived in the UK more than 6 months prior to the date of application; and
(ii) paragraph EX.1. applies; or
(b) in breach of immigration laws (disregarding any period of overstaying for a period of 28 days or less), unless paragraph EX.1. applies.
E-LTRP.2.1 is not a problem, for the OP has no leave to be in the UK! E-LTRP2.2(a) appears not to be an issue. E-LTR2.2(b) is more difficult. As far as I can tell, the OP appears to be here either in accordance with the EEA Regulations (but I think the OP is not), or in breach of the immigration laws (which I think is the case), and so the OP depends on EX.1.

EX.1 depends on being able to argue that it would not be reasonable to expect the children, who are British, to leave the UK, or else that there are insurmountable obstacle to the OP and partner living outside the UK. Opinions differ on how reasonable it would be to require the children to leave the UK.

There might be problems if misrepresentation is claimed over the gaining of the RC, and I am not sure what problems there would be regarding illegal working if the OP is currently in work.

koagiri02
United Kingdom

Post by koagiri02 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:30 am

Thanks so very much for your responce
My partner has a serious health condition which warrant me to be the primary carer to my my kids and wife.
The social service,community health team,GP, children services, the children school all agreed in the child protection meeting that i should be the primary carer to my kids and wife and was adviced not to work. i have been doing that since 2012. what do you suggest i do thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:58 am

koagiri02 wrote:Thanks so very much for your responce
My partner has a serious health condition which warrant me to be the primary carer to my my kids and wife.
The social service,community health team,GP, children services, the children school all agreed in the child protection meeting that i should be the primary carer to my kids and wife and was adviced not to work. i have been doing that since 2012. what do you suggest i do thanks
Those people may not have factored in UK immigration regulations.

Look into acquiring some sort of derivative right to remain.

Is your family in receipt of DLA?

koagiri02
United Kingdom

Post by koagiri02 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:16 pm

Yes my family was awarded DLA now PIP since 2013 it's been reviewed now. I do receive Carers allowance also.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:54 pm

koagiri02 wrote:Yes my family was awarded DLA now PIP since 2013 it's been reviewed now. I do receive Carers allowance also.
You still seem to have the problem that you have no viable Union citizen sponsor.

And DLA is a complex area, suggest you contact the Aire Centree who have run some initiatives in this area, see:
http://www.airecentre.org/data/files/re ... s-2014.pdf

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:02 am

noajthan wrote:Look into acquiring some sort of derivative right to remain.
Regulation 15A(4A) looks like the most applicable. The best relevant British citizen seems to be the OP's wife.

It also has the benefit of making the OP's working lawful, whether or not he acquires a new RC. However, one must be applied for to keep his employer safe.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:18 am

Richard W wrote:
It also has the benefit of making the OP's working lawful, whether or not he acquires a new RC. However, one must be applied for to keep his employer safe.
He said he doesn't work.

It's his claim for benefits that might be the problem for the same reasons others have stated: not dependant on his EEA sponsor as he claimed and the EEA citizen may not be exercising treaty rights, which the OP also needed to be able to reside in the UK. I can't see how he is allowed to claim for Carer's Allowance, nor any other benefits where his wife may claim extra for him/joint claim i.e. Income Support, ESA couple claim etc.

koagiri02
United Kingdom

Post by koagiri02 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:15 am

Thanks everyone
My cousine (EEA) got married to a British citizen, she couldn't work because of the babies she had in the last 5 years
I (non-EEA extended family member) don't claim any other benefit but Carers allowance because am the primary career to the children and my sick partner. This was outlined in report of child protection conference by the children services.
Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:28 am

noajthan wrote:You still seem to have the problem that you have no viable Union citizen sponsor.

And DLA is a complex area, suggest you contact the Aire Centre who have run some initiatives in this area, see:
http://www.airecentre.org/data/files/re ... s-2014.pdf
Forget your cousin, you are on your own now.