ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refrees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imran1u

Refrees

Post by imran1u » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:57 am

Hi All. Professional list is so confusing , could you please advice if GP can be professional reference ,because on the list it says Health services /nurses ,but there is no mention of GP .I am registered with this surgery for last 6 years but only went few time to the surgery when i needed health consult . 2nd refree I will use my next door neighbour whom I know for 7 years ,in question its state how you know the applicant ,can he write down friend or next door neighbour "he is British citizen ". Could I get Adivce on this please . Thanks

zaheeruk

Re: Refrees

Post by zaheeruk » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:48 pm

GP and doctors cannot be referees. You can use a dentist though. Not sure why this is the case.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:06 pm

zaheeruk wrote:GP and doctors cannot be referees. You can use a dentist though. Not sure why this is the case.
Are u sure that GP's can not be used as professional referees? I know some one who has successfully used his GP as professional reference.

crimson76

professional referee

Post by crimson76 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:00 am

Can a GP be used as a professional referee ? Has anyone used a GP as a professional referee and countersignatory ? Please guide.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:23 am

Posts merged.

No need for multiple posts.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Rizcon

Post by Rizcon » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:18 pm

zaheeruk wrote:GP and doctors cannot be referees. You can use a dentist though. Not sure why this is the case.
I used GP and one of family friend for my child application as referees and never had any problem.
Though, GPs are not on list,but as far as I know, they are acceptable to UKVI as I know few others who used them as a referee and had no problem.