ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner visa using savings from family members

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dany610
Newly Registered

Partner visa using savings from family members

Post by dany610 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:37 pm

Hello,

I would like to sponsor my partner for a non married visa. We have been together for over two years and I have recently came back to the UK. I have started employment but I am currently earning less than the £18.6k required. Another route which I understand is to supplement this through savings. I know roughly how much I will need in savings.

The problem is that I currently do not have enough in my current or savings account combined. I have family members who are willing to transfer funds into my account and leave it in my name for over 6 months in order to meet the requirement. The question is, would this method work in securing the visa or would I be questioned at how I came across the money and cause the application to be invalidated?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Partner visa using savings from family members

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:42 pm

dany610 wrote:Hello,

I would like to sponsor my partner for a non married visa. We have been together for over two years and I have recently came back to the UK. I have started employment but I am currently earning less than the £18.6k required. Another route which I understand is to supplement this through savings. I know roughly how much I will need in savings.

The problem is that I currently do not have enough in my current or savings account combined. I have family members who are willing to transfer funds into my account and leave it in my name for over 6 months in order to meet the requirement. The question is, would this method work in securing the visa or would I be questioned at how I came across the money and cause the application to be invalidated?

Thanks
The money cannot be loaned.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vinny

Re: Partner visa using savings from family members

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:38 am

However, gifts are acceptable under 1(b)(iii).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.