ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR possibility of refusal for domestic violence discontinue

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dsam06
Newly Registered

ILR possibility of refusal for domestic violence discontinue

Post by Dsam06 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:18 am

Hi Guys,
I am on tier 2 since 2012, next year i will be applying for ILR, and I had on 2015 a domestic violence case which was disontinued, my solicitor said that i have no conviction, he said : "You do not have a conviction as a result of the case in May. You were arrested and subsequently charged with an offence. You pleaded not guilty. The case against you was discontinued before trial. There will be a record of your arrest and charge but it is not a conviction. A conviction is where you plead guilty or are found guilty of an offence.".
I just wanted to know whether this might be considered against my ILR application ?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ILR possibility of refusal for domestic violence discont

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:36 pm

Not if the case was dropped before it went to Court.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Dsam06
Newly Registered

Re: ILR possibility of refusal for domestic violence discont

Post by Dsam06 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:49 pm

Casa wrote:Not if the case was dropped before it went to Court.
Thanks Casa