ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question 1.49 on Form AN.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crimson76

Question 1.49 on Form AN.

Post by crimson76 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:07 pm

Question 1.49 asks for ''Address of tax office or tax office reference''. I am director of a company and receive small salary and major portion of my income is from dividends. My company is PAYE registered and I regularly submit my self assessment and corporation tax returns.
Which tax office reference and address should I use to answer this question?
Is it my Personal UTR or Company UTR or Employer PAYE reference or Company's account office reference? Please help.

crimson76

Question 6.7 on Form AN.

Post by crimson76 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:34 pm

How to answer question 6.7 when using NCS? Question 6.7 asks whether you have enclosed your BRP with the application. As I understand at NCS, they will return your BRP and only send an attested copy of it with application. If I answer NO then I will have to provide the reason why BRP is not enclosed and also the location of BRP. Please guide how should I answer these questions.
In question 6.11 is '' Do you want the Home Office to retail your BRP. Is it advisable to send original BRP with application and let the Home Office to retain it? Please help

mjm9691

Re: Question 6.7 on Form AN.

Post by mjm9691 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:24 am

No need to worry, the NCS lady corrected mine and 3 family members that brp is not with the application but she sent the certified copy of all. Just tick that you will return the brp within 5 days after attending ceremony

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:31 am

mjm9691 wrote:No need to worry, the NCS lady corrected mine and 3 family members that brp is not with the application but she sent the certified copy of all. Just tick that you will return the brp within 5 days after attending ceremony
Thanks for reply. What reason did you provide why BRP is not enclosed with the application?

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:32 pm

Members/moderators, please advise, I am stuck with questions 1.49 and 6.7.
Your help will be highly appreciated.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:53 pm

Your tax office ref will be on your correspondence from HMRC:

e.g 951, 120, etc

Call them up and find out.

mjm9691

Post by mjm9691 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:07 am

As mine 6.7 was corrected from yes to no leave all blank and continue from 6.13. The reason is obvious that the certified copy of the brp is being sent by ncs, otherwise the ncs representative would have told me to give reason and only checked whether 6.11 with no box is ticked that is to send it back within 5 days after ceremony. Even if you take the form to your ncs appointment with 6.7 ticked yes same will happen as above. If you are still not sure tick yes in 6.7 and ncs will correct it as ncs will not send your original.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:56 am

argus7 wrote:Your tax office ref will be on your correspondence from HMRC:

e.g 951, 120, etc

Call them up and find out.
Thanks for reply argus7. I called HMRC and their contention is ''it depends which reference no and which address Home office has asked you to provide. They said most tax payers and specially company directors have several reference numbers and tax office addresses like Self assessment UTR, Employer PAYE reference, Employer account office reference and company's UTR. They said it depends on which office address and reference number Home Office needs.''

I think, it will be useless to call Home Office helpline as they are known for giving incorrect information. I will appreciate if any member/ moderator (specially company directors) on this forum could share how they answered these questions.

Riffatshahid
Newly Registered

Post by Riffatshahid » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:07 pm

I am in the same boat and wondering how to answer Q 1.49 and Q6.7. I will appreciate if Moderators, seniors or members can help.

Q 1.49 = asking for address of tax office or tax office reference. I am director of a company along with my husband and with 50% ownership of the company. I think I need to provide Personal UTR along with the address of the office sending me notice to file self assessment tax return and the company UTR or the address HMRC office dealing with the corporation Tax of our company is irrelevant for this question. Please guide is this how I need to answer this question?

Q 6.7 = I do intend to use JCAP and as per my information they will return my BRP after making copies. How will I answer Q6.7? Q6.7 is BRP enclosed? obviously I have to pick NO for answer. How will I answer Q 6.8 TO 6.12. Q 6.12 asks for details why BRP is not enclosed with the application. What reason should I provide for not enclosing BRP? Is it ok to say ''Certified copy enclosed and using NCS''. Please guide

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:41 pm

Hi Riffatshahid ,
For Q 1.49 it should be your Paye reference, one you find on your P60. That's what my accountant thinks. Keep in mind he is no expert in immigration matters.

For Q 6.7 I am not sure how to answer. I think, we need to provide a reason why BRP is not enclosed . As you said mentioning that you used NCS and certified copy is attached in my opinion will suffice. But again this just my opinion, wait for gurus to share their insights.

crimson76

Post by crimson76 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:14 pm

Moderators/ seniors/Members
Please help. How should I answer question 1.49 and 6.7.