ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mils26
Newly Registered

BRP

Post by mils26 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:42 pm

Hi,

I had my biometrics taken on 01/07/2016 and I have my receipt from the post office, but its nearly been 2 months and I still have not received it yet. I just wanted to know if people are in the same boat as me or am I the only one. thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: BRP

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:05 pm

The HO will match your biometrics with the BRP submitted with your BC application and only keep your biometric details until after you have attended the Citizenship Ceremony. You won't receive a new BRP.

Providing biometrics isn't an indication that the application is approved.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mils26
Newly Registered

Post by mils26 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:11 pm

Casa wrote:The HO will match your biometrics with the BRP submitted with your BC application and only keep your biometric details until after you have attended the Citizenship Ceremony. You won't receive a new BRP.

Providing biometrics isn't an indication that the application is approved.

What I was meant to say was that, I never had a BRP in the first place. Once my AN form was sent and acknowledged by the HO, they sent me a letter to have my Biometrics done in my local post office. Its been nearly 2 months and I still haven't received it yet. I just wanted to know a roughly how long it takes to get the card because I cant seem to find anything online about it.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:21 pm

"You must consider all aspects of the application with the biometric information result.
‘Match’ means the person, who has had their biometric information taken in this application, has previously submitted their biometric information at some point.
‘No-match’ means the person, who has submitted their biometric information in this application has not had their biometric information taken before"

You won't be issued with a BRP. The biometric information is for the HO records only.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mils26
Newly Registered

Post by mils26 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:39 pm

Casa wrote:"You must consider all aspects of the application with the biometric information result.
‘Match’ means the person, who has had their biometric information taken in this application, has previously submitted their biometric information at some point.
‘No-match’ means the person, who has submitted their biometric information in this application has not had their biometric information taken before"

You won't be issued with a BRP. The biometric information is for the HO records only.

Oh ok. Thanks for clarifying this. I was under the assumption that I would be sent a BRP card once I enrolled my Biometrics.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:43 pm

You wouldn't need one as all BRPs (previously issued) have to be returned once the ceremony has been attended.
(Casa, not CR001)