ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel After Ceremony Before Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bigchris23
Newly Registered

Travel After Ceremony Before Passport

Post by bigchris23 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:16 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope you can help me figure this out.

We have had my wife's application approved and a ceremony date at the end of September. The issue we have is that we are travelling to the US for thanksgiving and a family wedding in the middle of November so doubt very much we will have time to get the passport app sent off and have the passport ready for travel by the time we leave. Also, judging by the 3 month postponement rule we wouldn't be able to delay it until we get back. Also to add to that we may need to travel in December for Xmas.

I'm going to call the Local Council office tomorrow to see if we can get in any earlier as they said they only have 2 ceremonies a month (one at the start and one at the end) and that they are too understaffed to offer private ceremonies.

If we can't get in to the early ceremony this month for whatever reason, any ideas what the bet course of action would be?

Looks like first adult passport times are running about 4-6 weeks but giving them my wife's passport is asking for trouble when we are so close to that 6 week cut off if we wait until the end of September.

Any thoughts or advice appreciated.

Kindest

Chris

noajthan

Re: Travel After Ceremony Before Passport

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:27 pm

Find out if its not too late to jump ship and shoot for another council. (It may be though).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:56 pm

Changing councils take a few weeks as certs have to be sent back to HO and then resent to other council.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hola2015

Post by Hola2015 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:07 pm

bigchris23 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope you can help me figure this out.

We have had my wife's application approved and a ceremony date at the end of September. The issue we have is that we are travelling to the US for thanksgiving and a family wedding in the middle of November so doubt very much we will have time to get the passport app sent off and have the passport ready for travel by the time we leave. Also, judging by the 3 month postponement rule we wouldn't be able to delay it until we get back. Also to add to that we may need to travel in December for Xmas.

I'm going to call the Local Council office tomorrow to see if we can get in any earlier as they said they only have 2 ceremonies a month (one at the start and one at the end) and that they are too understaffed to offer private ceremonies.

If we can't get in to the early ceremony this month for whatever reason, any ideas what the bet course of action would be?

Looks like first adult passport times are running about 4-6 weeks but giving them my wife's passport is asking for trouble when we are so close to that 6 week cut off if we wait until the end of September.

Any thoughts or advice appreciated.

Kindest

Chris
Let's assume your wife had her ceremony 30th September, and you are travelling middle of November (15th); that gives like 6 weeks for you to apply for her passport. One suggestion I can give is that considering the timeline for passport application recently (generally 3-4 weeks), you could still apply for her passport immediately after her ceremony say 01/10/16. Try and look at the passport timeline for your information

zaheeruk

Post by zaheeruk » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:10 pm

I think there is an option of fast track passport in a week. I did that for my kid.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:22 pm

There is no fast track option for a first time adult passport.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.