ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship English test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hasratbhanot
Newly Registered

British Citizenship English test

Post by hasratbhanot » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:22 pm

Hello,

Can anyone advise me that if I need to take english test. I got my ILR on 2013, now would like to get the citizenship. I did my master degree from Galsgow, also my wife do she need to give english test as she dont have any education from UK. We both have passed the life in UK exam.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizenship English test

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:43 pm

You can submit proof of your UK degree. Your wife will have to pass a B1 level English test from an UKVI approved test provider.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf

If your wife doesn't have any English language qualification, how did she obtain ILR? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:08 pm

Casa wrote:If your wife doesn't have any English language qualification, how did she obtain ILR? :?
Assume she applied prior to the rule change on 28 October 2013 since she already has LIUK and that was sufficient :?:
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

hasratbhanot
Newly Registered

Post by hasratbhanot » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:14 am

My wify also got ILR sametime as me, is the uni certificate is enough as a proof or do i need a letter from uni to prove that got degree from UK

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:59 am

The certificate will be sufficient.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.