ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation certificate number (Standard Visitor Visa)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Abate86

Naturalisation certificate number (Standard Visitor Visa)

Post by Abate86 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:26 pm

Hi everyone,

I need an urgent help with UK Standard Visitor Visa application for my family to attend my graduation in October. On the invitation the letter I am going to send to them, I need to state my immigration status (which has now changed). Here is the problem: I did my British Citizenship ceremony on 24th of August and posted the naturalisation certificate straightaway with my passport application. I didn't remember to copy the certificate number. I understand that first passport application takes at least 3 weeks, so I can't wait for my passport to come or for supporting documents to be returned before making the application for the Visitor Visa as time is running out. At the same time, I do not have my naturalisation certificate or the number. I am thinking of proceeding with the Visa application and include my foreign passport data page with my Permanent Resident Card and also state in the invitation letter that I am now a British Citizen waiting for my passport (add passport application reference number on the letter). Is this a good idea? Or should I contact the Homeoffice for the naturalisation number? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

vinny

Re: Naturalisation certificate number (Standard Visitor Visa

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:10 am

The first thing you should have done was to make copies of your naturalisation certificate. How else are you going to easily reference it, if it gets lost?

If you don't have the details at hand, then just state that you are a British citizen in the visitor invitation letter.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Abate86

Re: Naturalisation certificate number (Standard Visitor Visa

Post by Abate86 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:32 am

vinny wrote:The first thing you should have done was to make copies of your naturalisation certificate.
Thanks for the advice. Silly me, I was overwhelmed that I didn't think about making copies for future reference.