ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor Visa - Name in the application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rizzu155

UK Visitor Visa - Name in the application

Post by rizzu155 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:11 am

All,

I have applied Visitor visa for my parent, she doesn't have Surname on her passport so I have put same name both in first and surname. For example

First name - ABC XYZ
Surname - ABC XYZ

Is there any issue and rejection probability because of appearing same name in both the fields?

Appreciate if you advise if someone has previous experience.

danishrauf6
Newly Registered

Re: UK Visitor Visa - Name in the application

Post by danishrauf6 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:26 pm

I had a similar issue when I was applying for my Tier 4 visa. My passport only states one name and that too under the SURNAME field. I was asked by the university to put an * under Given Names and I did. I got my visa with only one name on it and have had no issues so far. I have had one extension and a switch after that with no issues.