ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Work Permit To HSMP.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JM_1979
Newly Registered

Switching Work Permit To HSMP.

Post by JM_1979 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:29 am

Hi All,
Need Help..

I am working in UK on a Work Permit which is valid until June 2008. I have applied for HSMP approval followed by HSMP(flr)last year. On 14th Jan 2008 I have got HSMP(flr).

Now at this point of time on my passport I am having 2 visas, work permit(Valid till Jun 2008) and HSMP (valid till jan 2010).

My question is. Do I need to inform my existing employer that I have got HSMP now? I am afraid if I do so then my employer may backlist me and send me back.
Please help me out……

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:13 pm

Hiya,

Frankly, I don't see what the issue is...

You must have applied for a HSMP with an objective in mind... Your current employer cannot "send you back" since you are legally allowed to live and work in the UK without his consent.

Regarding your employment, if they decide to terminate it, look for another job...

Cheers.

JM_1979
Newly Registered

Post by JM_1979 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:20 pm

gorajim wrote:Hiya,

Frankly, I don't see what the issue is...

You must have applied for a HSMP with an objective in mind... Your current employer cannot "send you back" since you are legally allowed to live and work in the UK without his consent.

Regarding your employment, if they decide to terminate it, look for another job...

Cheers.
Hi Thanks for the reply..

My concern is.... Do i need to inform my existing employee for my HSMP (which i dont want to do) or i can just search for job and whenever will get then just resign.

Thanks,

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:51 pm

You attaining HSMP is in no way related to your employer. On the contrary HSMP allows an individual to freely change employers within UK. So you don't have to inform your employer about the change in your status. if you don't want to. Worst come worst if your employer sacks you after you share your visa status, you are free to take up employment with any other emlpoyer within the UK.