ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification on PBS Dependant Application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ignacioeab
Newly Registered

Clarification on PBS Dependant Application

Post by ignacioeab » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi all,

I will start working for the NHS before the year ends. Now I've inquired about the dependant visa to my agencies, one is based in my home country, and the other is based in the UK. Now they're saying two different things to me about the Dependant Visa. One says I need to wait 3 months of being in the UK before being able to apply for any dependants, while the other claims that I need to be settled in the UK for 6 months before being able to apply for dependants. However, both of them agree that I need to wait before applying and that I cannot apply for the Tier 2 visa with a dependant at the same time. I know from reading the multiple guides for the PBS Dependant Visa application that I can indeed apply for the dependant evisa at the same time that I will be applying for my own Tier 2 visa. We have the maintenance funds. We will be able to secure accommodation through a friend. I don't get how I won't be allowed to apply with my dependant and leave at the same time. I've never encountered restrictions or timelines on when to apply for dependants in the UK website. It just says you may apply at the same time or at a later date and that it doesn't really matter because it'll get your dependant the same visa. Although I am considering that I may have missed something. Can anyone clarify this? What's the 3 or 6 month wait for anyway? It's become so frustrating, trying to understand the rules from the UKVI website and being told otherwise.
Last edited by ignacioeab on Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Clarification on PBS Dependant Application

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:12 pm

You can apply together.

UKBA no longer exists. It is only UKVI now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ignacioeab
Newly Registered

Post by ignacioeab » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:15 pm

Thanks Char! Clears things up.

shoaibrehman
United Kingdom

Post by shoaibrehman » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:32 pm

ignacioeab wrote:Hi all,

I will start working for the NHS before the year ends. Now I've inquired about the dependant visa to my agencies, one is based in my home country, and the other is based in the UK. Now they're saying two different things to me about the Dependant Visa. One says I need to wait 3 months of being in the UK before being able to apply for any dependants, while the other claims that I need to be settled in the UK for 6 months before being able to apply for dependants. However, both of them agree that I need to wait before applying and that I cannot apply for the Tier 2 visa with a dependant at the same time. I know from reading the multiple guides for the PBS Dependant Visa application that I can indeed apply for the dependant evisa at the same time that I will be applying for my own Tier 2 visa. We have the maintenance funds. We will be able to secure accommodation through a friend. I don't get how I won't be allowed to apply with my dependant and leave at the same time. I've never encountered restrictions or timelines on when to apply for dependants in the UK website. It just says you may apply at the same time or at a later date and that it doesn't really matter because it'll get your dependant the same visa. Although I am considering that I may have missed something. Can anyone clarify this? What's the 3 or 6 month wait for anyway? It's become so frustrating, trying to understand the rules from the UKVI website and being told otherwise.
There is no such restriction. You can apply together or at any point of time. Hope this helps.