ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What's the best way to get info out of HO about your app?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kernul
Newly Registered

What's the best way to get info out of HO about your app?

Post by kernul » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:45 pm

Hi Folks,

I believe I have a weird case so figured its best to ask for advice and see what to do.

I applied for citizenship on Jan 15th, the payment was taken, biometrics done, and the long wait for the 6 months began. I called the HO in June and they told me that my 6-month period would be over in July, so I waited till July and then called again.

I was told on Aug 1st that although they couldn't confirm it, but my ceremony had been approved and I should expect to hear from them in 2 to 3 weeks. Its now been a month and I still haven't heard anything from them. I called again and this time the rep at the HO said there's nothing on the computer about the ceremony or letter, and I should just wait until I hear from them (computer says 'No').

I've written 2-3 emails to them but I never get a reply, which is strange because it is outside the 6-month period.

What is the best way to get information out of the Home Office about my application? I've heard about the freedom of information stuff but don't really know how to use it to get a human response out of the HO.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Vas.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: What's the best way to get info out of HO about your app

Post by Noetic » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:14 pm

Getting your MP involved seems to help some people.

Brainy
Newly Registered

Post by Brainy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:26 pm

hello mate,
its impossible to get information about application...I did get my MP involved twice , wrote few letters and emails ,then a lots of calls but there's only one standard generic reply i always get.
'The application is activly being in progressed .checks are incomplete etc'
I aslo received my SAR reports but was disapointed to know that the checks requested dates are blacked out (which makes no sense).
i do understand few cases might take a length of time but my case been with the home office since Nov last year. Call centers now tell me that they can't disclose any information about my applicaiton as they dont have access to it lol .
i think we should request to the admin of this fourm to create a seperate thread for the applications with ukvi for more than 6 months so that we could discuss the issues causing delays .

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:06 pm

HO is a black box and a law to itself.
Without anyone 'on the inside' the 'discussion' will just be unfounded speculation.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

kernul
Newly Registered

Post by kernul » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:38 pm

:|

That is what I was afraid of. Thanks for the replies folks, good to know I'm not the only one in suspense.

So, in conclusion, nothing works....maybe getting the local MP involved would. I'll give it a shot and see what we can do.

thanks again.