ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for naturalisation, need help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

West1234
Newly Registered

Applying for naturalisation, need help

Post by West1234 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:07 am

Hi,

I am 19 and a student in the UK, in my second year of University.
I haved in the U.K since 2001 and I have had my IDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN since 2008.
I left the country to help one of my sick relatives with my mother on the 29 September 2011 and cameback to the UK on the 5 December 2012, I was out the country for 432 Days in total for the past 15 years.

PROMBLEM 1: I am apply for my Naturalisation and plan on sending it in September 2017, but there is a part that states that you must be in the UK 5 years ago from the date that application form is recieved.

I was just wondering if they mean that you must have been leaving in the country for more then 5 years or you have to be in the country at that exact date even if you've been living in the UK for 10 years at that time and had you Indfinte leave to Remain for 3 years at that time??

If its the case of me having to be there physicaly does that mean i should wait another year to apply, meaning im going to have to pay an even higher price then it already is?

PROMBLEM 2 : I have indfinte leave to remain but I have not applied to get the Biometrice Permit since at that time when i recieved my ILR they were not issuing them out, Is this a must for me to get the Biometric Permit as soon as possible? And does that mean I have to wait after recieving my Biometric Permit.

Sorry for all this question. I just need to be sure.

Thank you,
Last edited by West1234 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Re: APPLYING FOR NATURALISATION, NEED HELP!

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:16 am

You must be present in the UK at the start of your qualifying period for naturalisation.

There is no requirement for you to transfer your ILR to a NTL on a BRP, unless you are applying for new employment or have new landlords, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

West1234
Newly Registered

Post by West1234 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:24 am

vinny wrote:You must be present in the UK at the start of your qualifying period for naturalisation.

There is no requirement for you to transfer your ILR to a NTL on a BRP, unless you are applying for new employment or have new landlords.
Thank you,

But what would be my qualifying period for naturalisation?

Do you mean I must be PHYSICALLY in the U.K 5 years ago from my application being sent ???

Thank you again. :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:28 am

Yes, 5 years, if you are not the spouse nor civil partner of a British citizen.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

West1234
Newly Registered

Post by West1234 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:42 am

vinny wrote:Yes, 5 years, if you are not the spouse nor civil partner of a British citizen.

Okay, Thank you for answering my questions.

Really appriciate it :)