ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Info about marriage and spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pakohind
Newly Registered

Info about marriage and spouse visa

Post by Pakohind » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:37 pm

Hello everyone,

I got iLR visa in UK. I'm originally Pakistani and still wasn't apply for my British passport and I want to marry someone in India. I as we both Muslim but she's not in uk so I want to know if anyone know complete procedure and what document we need for this process. As we are planning to do Get marry online & then I can apply for her visa to join me in UK.

Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Info about marriage and spouse visa

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:53 pm

Pakohind wrote:Hello everyone,

I got iLR visa in UK. I'm originally Pakistani and still wasn't apply for my British passport and I want to marry someone in India. I as we both Muslim but she's not in uk so I want to know if anyone know complete procedure and what document we need for this process. As we are planning to do Get marry online & then I can apply for her visa to join me in UK.

Regards
1. You can't marry 'online'
2. You either need to marry legally in India or apply for a fiance visa and marry in the UK
3. Have you met in person yet?
4. Have you been married before?
5. Do you earn at least £18,600 per year?

If you can answer these questions, it will then be easier to explain the next steps in applying for a spouse visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Pakohind
Newly Registered

Post by Pakohind » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:36 pm

Casa wrote:
Pakohind wrote:Hello everyone,

Regards
1. You can't marry 'online'
2. You either need to marry legally in India or apply for a fiance visa and marry in the UK
3. Have you met in person yet?
4. Have you been married before?
5. Do you earn at least £18,600 per year?

If you can answer these questions, it will then be easier to explain the next steps in applying for a spouse visa.

Thanks for quick reply .......

1- we want to do nikha online which is accepted in India as well after nikha she become my wife so I can apply spouse visa for her ??????
2- procedure and require document for fiancé visa ?????????
3-no we want met online on whatsapp / imo / viber
4- I was married in Pakistan before but get divorce in 2014
5- yes I'm earning that £18,600 per year.

Kiwelshi
Newly Registered

Post by Kiwelshi » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:36 pm

As Casa has already mentioned, you cannot marry "online" and the marriage needs to be recognized as legal by UK standards, you also need to have met in person. It will also be beneficial if you have lived together in a relationship akin to marriage. Get the first steps first and keep documents/receipts for gifts etc supporting your relationship.

Do it properly starting with meeting in person - short cuts are non exsistent

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:50 am

E-ECP.2.5 wrote:The applicant and their partner must have met in person.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Pakohind
Newly Registered

Post by Pakohind » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:34 am

vinny wrote:
E-ECP.2.5 wrote:The applicant and their partner must have met in person.

Thanks for reply ..... But I'm just confuse about its arrange marriage our family select us for each other and then we start communicating each other since Feb 2015 to till know.

As there is problem in India & Pakistan country so our family decide to get nikah online
Because they have problem to visit Pakistan and my family have problem to visit India.
they don't want to make any truble for anyone that's why I can't travil India with my Pakistani passport.

Do we still not to met ????
If yeh then what's the complete requirements for finance visa...

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:14 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:27 am

As you've already had confirmed, without meeting in person an application as a spouse or a fiance will NOT be accepted.

1. Even in an arranged marriage, the couple will have to meet before the wedding.
2. An online marriage is not legal under British law
3. The Home Office won't be interested in whether you and your intended wife find it inconvenient to travel. You have to comply with the Immigration Rules.

You have to understand that the Home Office will insist on evidence of a genuine relationship to ensure this isn't simply a negotiation between two families in order to obtain entry into the UK for the daughter.

In a nutshell , your plan as it stands stands zero chance of succeeding. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:57 pm

SET1.13 What if a couple have not met? wrote:... Obviously, there will be cases where ‘not having met’ is the sole reason for refusal.