ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tier 2 General

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

muk4876
Newly Registered

ILR Tier 2 General

Post by muk4876 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi gents,

need your input on the requirements and documentation required for ILR application based on 5 year rule (Tier General)

i was granted visa in February 2012. what documents do i have to provide for my application

My wife(dependent) joined me in April 2014. visa granted in the march 2014. does she have to apply with me(as a dependent) or she has to apply after i get my ILR, also what documents will be required for her application.

i have read earlier that if the dependednt is living in UK for more than 2 years then they can get ILR at the same as the main applicant under Tier 2 ILR rule, is this still valid, i cant seem to find anything on this?

and my son who was born in UK May 2015, does he have to apply at the same time as me as a dependent or once i get my ILR, i can apply for his naturalization ? i have applied for his dependent visa last year for a trip.

Regards,

anoops1984
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Tier 2 General

Post by anoops1984 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:19 pm

Hi gents,

need your input on the requirements and documentation required for ILR application based on 5 year rule (Tier General)

i was granted visa in February 2012. what documents do i have to provide for my application
Please do a search there are lots of successful Tier 2 ILR posts in this forum

My wife(dependent) joined me in April 2014. visa granted in the march 2014. does she have to apply with me(as a dependent) or she has to apply after i get my ILR, also what documents will be required for her application.
If yours dependents got their initial entry clearance after 9th July 2012 they will have continue until they qualify 5 year residence period.

i have read earlier that if the dependednt is living in UK for more than 2 years then they can get ILR at the same as the main applicant under Tier 2 ILR rule, is this still valid, i cant seem to find anything on this?

Same as above

and my son who was born in UK May 2015, does he have to apply at the same time as me as a dependent or once i get my ILR, i can apply for his naturalization ? i have applied for his dependent visa last year for a trip.

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:42 pm

Your spouse will need to extend her PBS dependant visa until she meets the 5 year residence requirement for ILR in 2019.

The 2 year rule does not apply to her as she got a visa after July 2012.

Your UK or not some does not need ILR if you plan to register him as British. He is entitled to register as BC once you obtain ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.