ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization – 10 months and still waiting – how to compla

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dodddgy
Newly Registered

Naturalization – 10 months and still waiting – how to compla

Post by dodddgy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:07 pm

Hi all,

I am getting frustrated with my naturalization application not being processed for 10 months.

The case is extremely straightforward: family of 3, 5 year on Tier 1 (General), 1 year on ILR, no criminal history, no parking tickets, nothing bad. The application was submitted via NCS, money were taken of the account swiftly, received biometrics letters and provided biometrics immediately and then silence.

After 6 and a half months I wrote an e-mail and got a replay in 2 weeks which says that the case is being considered. No more detail were given. At least at the start of the process we had 6 month as something to wait for, now we have nothing.

So I am considering complaining and therefore I have some questions:
* Is complaining likely to help?
* Could it hinder the application in any way?
* Is there anything specific to stress in the complain, e.g. quality of service or the fact that no additional information about processing timeline was provided after 6 month which contradicts information in the initial letter? Anything else?
* Where to send the complain? I have found an address here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure
Is there a more specific address for complaining about naturalization?
* I have seen several pieces of advice to write to an MP, does it help? What to ask MP to do? Ask for help with getting more specific information in regards to the application?

I would be grateful for any info and/or links in regards to the matter.
Thanks.

LilyLalilu

Re: Naturalization – 10 months and still waiting – how to co

Post by LilyLalilu » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:39 am

Get your MP involved!
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:34 am

Do you have a clean tax record with HMRC?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:00 am

I'm in the same situation. Clean record no issue with tax or anything but waiting since August last year.

Tried contacting MP by he got the same reply - waiting for checks to be complete.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:04 pm

Received an update - reply to my email - from HO.

Still waiting for checks :(

malik15

Post by malik15 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:39 pm

Any update anyone?