ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please post letter template explaining absences

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ViperWiper

Please post letter template explaining absences

Post by ViperWiper » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:58 am

Hi,

I have been going through the forum and I have come across instances where ILR has been granted where the absences of more than 3 months are down to business reasons. Can anyone please give me the template of the letter that they have used at HO. I am planning to apply in-person in Croydon PEO in next few weeks.

Thanks in anticipation

regards,

VW

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:28 am

There is no template for this. As it would be personal and specific based knowledge to put in the letter.

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:07 am

Syh thanks for your response.

I appreciate that the specifics will be personal, but I was after key phrases / words that HO are interested. For instance, I can think of a letter which will be on lines below

XXX was employed by ABC plc from dd/mm/yyy till dd/mm/yyyy in the capacity of some_role. From x date to y date he was on a business visit to x_place for establishing a practice and knowledge transfer. During this period he was employed with ABC plc.

This letter is provided to him on his request, to enable him to apply for ILR.

Now - are there any important phrases that I have misssed out on, that would be of interest to HO?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:57 pm

I wouildn't apply via PEO unless ur case is 100% straightforward...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:49 pm

ViperWiper wrote:Syh thanks for your response.

I appreciate that the specifics will be personal, but I was after key phrases / words that HO are interested. For instance, I can think of a letter which will be on lines below

XXX was employed by ABC plc from dd/mm/yyy till dd/mm/yyyy in the capacity of some_role. From x date to y date he was on a business visit to x_place for establishing a practice and knowledge transfer. During this period he was employed with ABC plc.

This letter is provided to him on his request, to enable him to apply for ILR.

Now - are there any important phrases that I have misssed out on, that would be of interest to HO?
Sounds fine to me but Wanderer is right.

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:54 pm

Thanks folks. My only problem with postal application is the fact that one is left w/o his passport. I was hoping to avoid that situation if I can.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:04 pm

If there is a gap there is no point in applying in person.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Markie

Post by Markie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:36 pm

ViperWiper wrote:Thanks folks. My only problem with postal application is the fact that one is left w/o his passport. I was hoping to avoid that situation if I can.

If you're afraid of having no passport...You can but a price...you can use one of the Nationality checking services offered by the local authorities. They charge you with a certain fee to cover the effort of checking your documents including passports and they will certify it as authentic.

They send the authenticated copies to the HO and you have all you originals docs...everybody happy...

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:31 pm

Markie wrote:
ViperWiper wrote:Thanks folks. My only problem with postal application is the fact that one is left w/o his passport. I was hoping to avoid that situation if I can.

If you're afraid of having no passport...You can but a price...you can use one of the Nationality checking services offered by the local authorities. They charge you with a certain fee to cover the effort of checking your documents including passports and they will certify it as authentic.

They send the authenticated copies to the HO and you have all you originals docs...everybody happy...
This is not a naturalisation(neutralisation to borrow SYH's terms) application but rather ILR so NCS cannot be utilised. :wink:
Praise The Lord!!!!

ViperWiper

Post by ViperWiper » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:15 pm

Thanks folks. I think I will just apply for an HSMP extension and wait another year for ILR.