ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT-Tier 2 General route to ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Tier 2 ICT-Tier 2 General route to ILR

Post by sparkyram » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:03 pm

Guys,

I came to UK initially on tier 2 ICT visa on Aug 2012 and went back to india on june 2013. Again i entered to UK on tier 2 general on Sep 2013 (Within 3 months) with visa sponsored by same employer.

Would the time i spent on tier 2 ICT counted towards my ILR ? because i came back within 3 months through same employer in tier 2 gen visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT-Tier 2 General route to ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:09 am

No it won't because tier 2 ICT does not lead to settlement.l/ILR.

You need 5 years residence on tier 2 general.

How did you manage to get tier 2 general without 12 month cooling off period? What tier 2 ICT were you on and what date was it initially granted?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:49 am

Hello,

My intial ICT-Short term granted on june 2012... And it expired on June 2013.

Same employer can do tier 2 general without a cool off period.. so i returned to UK on Sep 2013 . Since i came back within 6 months i have started paying my NI and other stuffs at the starting of my 2nd year in UK.

Also i heard that someone belongs to my same category got his PR. (Though i am not sure).

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:06 am

CR001 wrote:No it won't because tier 2 ICT does not lead to settlement.l/ILR.

You need 5 years residence on tier 2 general.

How did you manage to get tier 2 general without 12 month cooling off period? What tier 2 ICT were you on and what date was it initially granted?
------------

I have got my ICT short term stamped on june 2012. Travelled here and then returned to india on June 2013.

Again i came to UK on sep 2013 in tier 2 general without cooling off. same employer can do tier 2 general without cooling off. Also i returned to UK within 180 days period and because of that HMRC considered this as a continuous employment for 2 years and i started paying NI from my second year.

Also i have heard that some other guy who was in my same position got his PR (Though i am not sure). Thats y i wanted to check whether the time i spent in ICT would be considered for my ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:28 am

No, your time on tier 2 ICT will not count for ILR as it was issued after after April 2010.

UK immigration route is ILR

EU migration route is PR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.