ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA appeal questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

salmintin

EEA appeal questions

Post by salmintin » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:05 pm

Hello everyone! I have a few questions about the appeal process.

So my EEA PR was refused last month. I sent a reconsideration letter. After 2 weeks I then submitted an appeal. I later found out I should've waited for the caseworker to reply but it's too late now :( Or is it?

1. Can I withdraw my appeal and wait for the caseworker? They have not charged me yet so technically the process hasn't really started. I think.

If it's too late...

2. How long to paper appeals take for EEA nationals? I know in general they take maaaaany months, but are there different timelines for EEA and non-EEA or for paper vs oral? I went for people appeal because I thought my appeal would be straightforward (see rejection reasons at the end).

Finally...

3. Can I withdraw my appeal and reapply? Do caseworkers tend to reject you if you apply a second time?
My initial rejection was because:
- they didn't read my application properly. They asked me for proof of employment in a period when I was not in the country. I made it clear in the application that I was not in the country.
- they thought I required CSI, but I didn't - my Yellow Registration Certificate was issued on the basis of being a student before 20/06/2011.

My only worry is if the new caseworker thinks I am flip-flopping and trying to pretend I was abroad during periods I had not declared in my initial application. However I had declared all my absences in the initial application.

Thank you very much!