ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

safalmmpharma
Newly Registered

Irish visa

Post by safalmmpharma » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:10 pm

Hello,

Good day to you!!

I am British citizen, currently living in UK. Actually I got a job offer in Ireland (as a permanent employee in one of the Pharmaceutical Company).

My wife is on my dependent visa (UK). We want to move together in this November.

So my question would be

Do I need to apply for her visa / or she would be waived from visa obligations?

Since I am in UK, I am searching for accommodation online from different letting
agencies, so if I need to file visa in that case can I give my company’s address?

How long it will take to get Irish visa?

Many thanks

Nog0612
Newly Registered

Re: Irish visa

Post by Nog0612 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:27 pm

safalmmpharma wrote:Hello,

Good day to you!!

I am British citizen, currently living in UK. Actually I got a job offer in Ireland (as a permanent employee in one of the Pharmaceutical Company).

My wife is on my dependent visa (UK). We want to move together in this November.

So my question would be

Do I need to apply for her visa / or she would be waived from visa obligations?

Since I am in UK, I am searching for accommodation online from different letting
agencies, so if I need to file visa in that case can I give my company’s address?

How long it will take to get Irish visa?

Many thanks
Hi safalmmpharma,

This will depend on your wife's nationality from my understanding.

For example, if she can visit Ireland without a visa, then you both can enter the country together and sort out her visa within the period of time she is permitted to stay in the country.

If she cannot enter the country without a visa, she will have to apply for visa beforehand.

If she doesn't need a visa to visit Ireland, both of you need to be at Immigration office in grade station and apply for stamp 4 visa for her. As she is family member of EEA national, she can get stamp4 visa. This can be renewed every year as long as you are here.

You need to bring yours and your wife's passport, marriage cert and proof of address. Once this is done, she will get her GNIB card in a week (if apply in Dublin), 2 weeks for other regions.
(http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/inis/pages/stamps)

I am spouse of Irish national, and I don't need a visa to visit the country. I entered the country from UK 3 years ago :) I was living in the UK before moving to Ireland with my husband.

There was no immigration officer checking my passport at Dublin port, and we had to find one to get the entry stamp. I also emailed the immigration department about the deadline of applying the visa, they told me it's fine as long as I get it within 90 days. In the next few days we went to grada station together with required docs and got the stamp 4 without any issue. (http://www.garda.ie/controller.aspx?page=31)- for stamp 4 because you are EEA national, it's still free for your wife to get the stamp 4 visa. As long as UK is not out of EEA.....

You can check with them for your wife's situation by email:eutreatyrights@justice.ie
(http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/contact)

In general, it is very straight forward to get a permit in Ireland than in the UK so you and your wife should be fine!

Good luck!

safalmmpharma
Newly Registered

Post by safalmmpharma » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:31 pm

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your mail.
My wife is an Indian national and she is on my Spouse visa. I am British national.
Can you pl suggest now?
Thanks

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:09 pm

safalmmpharma wrote:Dear Sir,
Thanks for your mail.
My wife is an Indian national and she is on my Spouse visa. I am British national.
Can you pl suggest now?
Thanks
If you have 1-3 months to wait for a visit visa (not based on EU treaty rights but a standalone visa with payslips and all the proof normally required from an Indian national) than she can apply for it.
If you want to base the visa on EU treaty rights (proof of marriage, no payslips, no health insurance, etc...) you could be lucky as your wife is already legally residing in UK and get the visa in few weeks-months but there is about 10.000 not processed EUTR visas with more than 1 year delay.

Until UK is in the EU you can travel with your wife without visa (only if you travel together) (prepare proof of marriage-address - living together papers), afaik UK-Ireland flights are handled as domestic flights because of CTA, but she might be declined to board the plane if they actually looking for Irish visa. Or maybe fly to Belfast or take ferry, than go to Dublin (on public transportation like bus, train between Belfast and Dublin there is more and more immigration check)

Once you are here you have to apply on EU1 form for eu4fam resident card for your wife (with your proof of employment and proof address in Ireland), she will get temporary stamp for few months as now many confirmed after 3-4 months of application, until than she cannot legally work, the 5 years EU4FAM card takes about 1 year to get. The temporary stamp will expire before she can get the eu4fam card so have to ask for another one or try to extend it.

All of the above is possible because of the EU freedom of movement, but UK will be out of EU in about 3 years. It is enough time to complete a Surinder Singh way if you wish.
If your wife is close to get British citizenship might not worth to brake her continuous residency in UK (every year she can be out of UK max. 90 days for 6 years).

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:10 pm

Nog0612 wrote:You can check with them for your wife's situation by email:eutreatyrights@justice.ie
(http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/contact)
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:36 am

A question only because I am curious. How long has turned wife been in the UK? When would she qualify for ILR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

safalmmpharma
Newly Registered

Post by safalmmpharma » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:34 am

Hi,

She came here in June 2015.

Now to get ILR, she needs to stay here 5years?

Pl update.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:40 am

Yes, she needs 5 years residence in the UK. Residing in Republic of Ireland does not count towards the time for ILR in the UK and depending how log you're are away from UK, she will likely have to start again from scratch if you return to the UK. Residing in Ireland will also make extension of her UK spouse visa very difficult if not impossible.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.