ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Bulgaria

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zofas
Newly Registered

Visa for Bulgaria

Post by Zofas » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:07 pm

I want to visit Bulgaria for a 2 week holiday and I hold a Sth African passport with ILR in the UK. My husband holds a British Passport. I have been reading the Bulgarian Embassy website and as I am married to an EU citizen it looks like I do not need a visa, but I do have to produce my marriage certificate on request. I assume that on request is on arrival and therefore I don't need to apply for a visa to visit Bulgaria. Can anyone please confirm with their knowledge of this please?

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:20 pm

<original post deleted>
Last edited by johnsienk on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zofas
Newly Registered

Post by Zofas » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:40 pm

Thanks,

That's what we thought, we have sent an email to the Embassy to double check anyway.
Cheers

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:03 am

Your problem is that the airline is extremely likely to deny you boarding without a visa!
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:42 pm

<original post deleted>
Last edited by johnsienk on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:14 pm

Dawie wrote:Your problem is that the airline is extremely likely to deny you boarding without a visa!
I have only heard of one person married to an EU citizen who was denied boarding by an airline, and that was a long time ago. Recently I have heard a number of reports (in this forum) of no problems with airlines.

Zofas
Newly Registered

Post by Zofas » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:55 pm

The embassy got back to me and advised that I would be fine to travel with my husband and would not need to apply for a visa as long as I take my marriage certifcate along to prove the relationship. Now just got to double check with the airline that they aren't going to give me hassles at the airport. Will let you know what I find out.