ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa refused - unclear source of fund

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

landrover8032

Visitor visa refused - unclear source of fund

Post by landrover8032 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:09 am

Hi all,

I am in the UK under tier 2 visa, which is valid til September next year. My wife and my child are on dependent visa and living with me. Recently, my parents applied for visiting the UK for 3 months. Their applications were rejected, with the following quote coming from my father's refusal letter:
1. You state that you are retired and state that you earn £10,595 from savings and investments each month but I note that the documents you have submitted do not show any independent evidence of this income. I note that u have submitted a copy of a pension statement stating you receive a pension of £533 per month and detail of a bank account in your name with a closing balance of £10,574 (transform given the current exchange rate at this date). This raises doubts that your personal and financial circumstances in xxxx (my country) are as stated by you and this leads me to doubt that you are seeking entry to the UK only for the purpose and duration stated.

2. You state that you will pay for your trip and it will personally cost you £5,000. In support of your application you have provided a bank statement with a closing balance of £10,574. Based on the documents you have submitted the source of these funds is not clear and I am not therefore satisfied that the bank statement accurately reflects your current financial circumstances and that the funds shown are genuinely available to you for your exclusive use.

3. Given the above I am not satisfied that you are a genuine visitor and that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application is refused under paragraph V4.2 (a) and (c). Furthermore, I am also not satisfied that you have sufficient funds available to you to meet all reasonable costs Of your visit without working or accessing public funds and your application is therefore refused under paragraph V4.2(e) of Appendix V.
I am not sure of what they mean by "not show any independent evidence of this income" in the first point, which of course the bank account is the evidence. And in the second point, they said "the source of these funds is not clear", which for me the source is clearly coming from the saving. With the pension of my parent, it would take about 3 years to have that £10,000 saving, which make the fund feasible, so why they questioned about the source? I am not sure if they considered the £10,595 and £10,574 are the two different things, but the difference surely came from the varied exchange rate.

Can someone please explain and advise me what to do in this situation. 

1. What are the reasons for the refusal?
2. What should be done to improve the case when re-apply?

Your helps will be much appreciated.

landrover8032

Re: Visitor visa refused - unclear source of fund

Post by landrover8032 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:38 pm

Can anybody please help? I plan to reapply for them soon but very confused of what the caseworker want to get approved.