ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experience and educational background

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Experience and educational background

Post by Ali272 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:46 pm

Hi.

Can HO reject Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur switching to Tier 1 E because of lack of experience or educational background? Can they reject me because I have no experience in software development? (In my business plan I have stated I'm planing to hire a full time web developer by second year and the website is already up and running)

I'm 23 year old finance graduate running my subscription based tech company. I've never run another business before and started my business right after my graduation.

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Experience and educational background

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:16 pm

Yes it could certainly influence the decision making process by HO however this is quite subjective and up to them to decide based on the evidence you provide
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Ali272 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:36 pm

Thanks Zimba. I'm very worried now. What evidence do I need to provide beside the usuals for this one? How can any graduate entrepreneur (most in their early 20s) have prior business experience?

I'm currently planning to provide:

1. Business plan
2. Certificate of incorporation
3. share certificate
4. Current appointment report
5. CT41G
6. Bank letter confirming I have an account with them and I'm signatory
7. Unaudited accounts
9. Accounts completion report
10. transactions showing the money going out of my account into my business account

Is there anything else I need to provide?

Thank you so much for all your answers.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:53 am

I was referring to the contents of your business plan and your business practice. For that, HO can only evaluate the feasibility of such plans.
Previous experience is simply another factor in the equation but does not on its own determine the result of your application.
As I said, it could influence it like any other factor.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Ali272 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:31 am

Ok, I now understand. Thank you, Zimba.

Just a quick question. Have you heard of any graduate entrepreneur getting refused because of genuine test?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:43 am

Ali272 wrote:Ok, I now understand. Thank you, Zimba.

Just a quick question. Have you heard of any graduate entrepreneur getting refused because of genuine test?

Thanks.
Not really. The reason for most refusals reported here is often not providing the correct evidence

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Ali272 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:57 am

Thanks very much Zimba.